Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA is 1 year and 7 months and may sink: Need Advice

tag
praise123
Contributor

AAoA is 1 year and 7 months and may sink: Need Advice

ok, all of this is so confusing.  I applied for 5 cards and got them from March-June.  Now my AAoA is 1 yr and 7 months and two cards have not even reported to the bureau as od yet.  My utilization is 8% or less.  I am applying for a mortgage in 3 months and I dont know how the score is going to tank.  I got the cards to grow the score which was inially low. 

Any advice, I dont plan to apply for any new cards until after the mortgage.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: AAoA is 1 year and 7 months and may sink: Need Advice

There's not really a good method to predict how much your score will change...

The pile of applications will hurt you, the new credit will hurt you...the improved utilization will HELP you...

If you are actually considering a mortgage in THREE MONTHS, you must stop applying NOW....or like three months ago...

Any mortgage broker will tell you to stay away from that application button.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 5
FrugalRican
Blogger

Do you at least know your Equifax FICO score as of today?

It's hard to give you anything based on limited information (as I said in the previous thread you posted about the same thing).

And as I said in the other thread, having those baddies removed will definitely take the edge off of the drop in AAOA.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I wouldn't worry about AAoA. FICO rounds down to the nearest whole number and cannot go below 1. It's one now and will still be at one once the new CCs report. Now I vote for a score loss due to the new CCs. Probably 20-25 or so if I had to guess, and if that. That'll go away within 6-12 months assuming you don't app for anything else. If you can delay the mortgage by a year, you'll rebound completely.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

The more significant impact of the multiple news will most likely be in the future.

With the addition of more, low age accts, the simple math will make increase in AAoA slower over time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.