cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA makes giant impact on scores.. FOR SURE!

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

AAoA makes giant impact on scores.. FOR SURE!

These are not fico scores but it's interesting to follow for educational purpose.  FICOS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS HIGHER THAN EQUIFAX SCORES FOR SOME REASON.

The EQUIFAX scores are interesting and since it's free I update my report and scoring every couple weeks.

Credit History 8 yrs.

AAOA: 3 yrs.

UTIL: 12%

SCORE: 700

YEAR:  8

AAOA: 3

UTIL:  23%

SCORE: 691

HISTORY: 8

AAOA:  3

UTIL:  52%

SCORE:  643

UTIL:  51%

SCORE:  649

HISTORY: 18

AAOA:  6

UTIL:  58%

SCORE:  664

I know this is old news for most of you ( hand slapping forehead ) but it's interesting to see that increasing AAOA can increase scores despite increasing UTIL.    

My ticket to the 800 club is getting closer! 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: AAoA makes giant impact on scores.. FOR SURE!

FAKO's really aren't educational at all if one is trying to learn about FICO's.  They're different scoring models.  For FICO, I'm not sure I'd call 15% "huge":

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

@Fico2Go wrote:

it's interesting to see that increasing AAOA can increase scores despite increasing UTIL.    

It's certainly possible for one factor to weigh in more heavily than another for a given set of circumstances but I wouldn't recommend assuming that you can extrapolate the effect at all ranges of AAoA and utilization with that data.  At higher utilization AAoA probably won't overcome the impact from utilization.

Plus you're disregarding other factors at play.  It's not just your AAoA that increases but you've also built up payment history (which is 35% -- bigger than 15% for AAoA) over that period of time.

Looking more closely at your data your higest score posted was with your lowest utilization.

Message 2 of 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Fico2Go wrote:

These are not fico scores but it's interesting to follow for educational purpose.  FICOS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS HIGHER THAN EQUIFAX SCORES FOR SOME REASON.

The EQUIFAX scores are interesting and since it's free I update my report and scoring every couple weeks.

Credit History 8 yrs.

AAOA: 3 yrs.

UTIL: 12%

SCORE: 700

YEAR:  8

AAOA: 3

UTIL:  23%

SCORE: 691

UTIL:  52%

SCORE:  643

UTIL:  51%

SCORE:  649

HISTORY: 18

AAOA:  6

UTIL:  58%

SCORE:  664

I know this is old news for most of you ( hand slapping forehead ) but it's interesting to see that increasing AAOA can increase scores despite increasing UTIL.    

My ticket to the 800 club is getting closer! 

There are other factors at play as well, or there could be. If you are seeing a massive bump in score after attaining a certain AAoA it's also 'possible' that you were rebucketed and your score is now calculated differently, as opposed to gaining many points solely due to an increase in AAoA.

Message 3 of 4
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Factor in your utilizaion, credit mix, along with the above and SUCCESS! The formula/alogrithm changes with the variables of payment, late payments, derogs, charge offs, collections, bk's, etc. Yes, one is placed in buckets dependent on several factors. The less negatives, then there are less buckets, the narrower the alogrithm, the higher the score. See my siggy.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.