Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA question/decision for you Fico Scoring Geniuses HELP

tag
Debtrecycler
Established Member

AAoA question/decision for you Fico Scoring Geniuses HELP

Currently my Average Age according to MyFico Equifax report is 9 years with my oldest account being 29 years 4 months.  Now, when I do the calculation I come up with an AAoA of 9.3 or roughly 9 years 4 months.  

Here is the problem/decision I am faced with:  I have an account (former authorized user) with an age of 14 years 6 months. Unfortunately, it has 2 x 30 days late in 2006, 1 x 90 day late in 2006, and 2 x 30 days late in 2007.  I have the opportunity to have it completely erased from my credit report.  

Is it worth it?  By my calculations the Average Age of my accounts would then  be 9.05 which is essentially 9 years.  Just to let you know:  Total months for all accounts =1912; 17 trade lines reporting.  So this would knock my total months down to 1738 and the number of trade lines would be 16...

Help... :smileysurprised:

Message Edited by Debtrecycler on 03-11-2010 07:30 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: AAoA question/decision for you Fico Scoring Geniuses HELP

If you are no longer an authorized user, then it should have already been removed from your reports.  But whatever benefit  you're getting from the age (which probably isn't much) is far outweighed by the lates, especially the 90 day late.  You also have to factor in how this affects your utilization.
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Dump it yesterday.
Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Dump it yesterday.

+1000
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.