Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA question

my dad has an AAoA of 11 years. if he adds me to his quicksilver account would i gain that AAoA ? to increase mines. ? 

also, 

he used to have an amex... if i add him to that accound i could i be backdated still ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA question

It depends, you have to calculate what your AAoA is now. Then calculate your AAoA if your Dad's credit card trane line was to appear on your report.

If it is a big difference, say 2 or more years, then yes if might make somewhat of a difference.

Looking at your sig, I see like ten cards. If all those cards are like 2 years old, it won't help your AAoA out much.

Another thought is the utilization on your Dad's card, does he carry a balance? Pay in full each month? hardly uses the card and has no balance?

If he carries a large balance it may hurt you more than help.

You need to grind the numbers.

Amex no longer backdates. If they did I would get two of thier cards. They stopped doing that March of 2015

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AAoA question

@Anonymous wrote:

my dad has an AAoA of 11 years. if he adds me to his quicksilver account would i gain that AAoA ? to increase mines. ? 

also, 

he used to have an amex... if i add him to that accound i could i be backdated still ?

sapingo,

Good questions 

AAoA is based on his entire history not just one card

A: He would have to add you to every account on his CR's and I'm sure some are closed and nearly impossible to add you

You would literally have to mirror his reports

Then the Oooops would happen...Lol

The accounts you have would upset the whole balance again 

Leaving with a different AAoA again

Oooooo you didn't see that coming did youSmiley Wink

Amex:

A: No

2 things are at play here 

1) You're not primary

2) They no longer backdate anyway Smiley Sad

Sorry  X 2

Lol 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.