Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAofA calculation

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

AAofA calculation

Where can I find my AAofA calculation? I have read that MyFICO provides calc. 

Thanks  in advance.

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: AAofA calculation

MyFico provides AAoA via the credit reports it sells and via the credit reports you get when you subscribe to ScoreWatch. It's easy enough to calculate for yourself, though.

Figure out the age of each individual account in months  (both open and closed accouts that are still reporing)

Add together to get total months

Divide by the number of accounts you have

That's your AAoA in months. You can divide that figure by 12 to get years.

Different banks may figure this slightly differently. For instance, if you have some extra age due to Amex backdating, they may not count that. But basically it's just that simple.

Message 2 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Also, for scoring purposes, any AAoA below one year is rounded up to one year. Any AAoA over one year is rounded down to the next lowest year. So if your AAoA is 7 months it'll be scored as a year and if your AAoA is 3 years and 8 months, it'll be scored as 3 years.

This is for the total AAoA. You don't do this rounding when figuring the age of each individual card during your calculations.

Message 3 of 8
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Thanks!!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 4 of 8
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

This link is really helpful.

http://aaoacalculator.tumblr.com/

You can also download it and personalize if you have MSexcel (see bottom of the sheet).

If you use the DATE function on excel, you can not only calculate your current AAofA, but do "what if" scenerios in case you are thinking of planning future applications.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

MyFico provides AAoA via the credit reports it sells and via the credit reports you get when you subscribe to ScoreWatch. It's easy enough to calculate for yourself, though.

Figure out the age of each individual account in months  (both open and closed accouts that are still reporing)

Add together to get total months

Divide by the number of accounts you have

That's your AAoA in months. You can divide that figure by 12 to get years.

Different banks may figure this slightly differently. For instance, if you have some extra age due to Amex backdating, they may not count that. But basically it's just that simple.

+1   ....i'll note that Collections and Public Records are excluded and Charged-Off accounts are included.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 6 of 8
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

When calculating AAoA, do you use the date the account was opened or the date it was reported.  Also, do you include all acounts that are being reported in open/closed regardless of their type (installment, revolving, mortgage, etc)?   Thanks

Message 7 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@akula wrote:

When calculating AAoA, do you use the date the account was opened or the date it was reported.  Also, do you include all acounts that are being reported in open/closed regardless of their type (installment, revolving, mortgage, etc)?   Thanks

Use date the account was opened.  The reported date can off when a card is replaced due to fraud, etc.  Not to mention Amex's MSD.

AAoA is calculated for all account types together.  Personally, I also run AAoA for revolvers separately.  But I pay most attention to the overall AAoA.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.