Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT BIRTH DAY

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

ACCOUNT BIRTH DAY

Two cc accounts turned one year old today, but eq gave me zero points. I was expecting atleast a 5 point gain. Two inq will stop hurting my score on sep 13 and 16th respectively. Will I see a gain this time? I went from 706 to 722 when one of my inq turned a year old in Aug. Can I expect the same bump this month?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ACCOUNT BIRTH DAY

Did you apply for anything else or open any new accounts after these two?
Message 2 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

nathan,

These things are difficult to predict because of additional activity in your credit report during the same time. The attitude I use is that I never expect my FICO scores to go up, when they do I try to determine the cause.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 10
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Nope, I didn't open no new account. My last accounts were opened in sep 08. Which is more likely to give you a bump; account birth day or inq birth day? The inqs for these two accounts are dated sep 13 and sep 16, 2008, but on my eq, the account open date is sep 1st. I am still hoping that I may get a bump on the inq date instead.
Message 4 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@nathan wrote:

Two cc accounts turned one year old today, but eq gave me zero points. I was expecting atleast a 5 point gain. Two inq will stop hurting my score on sep 13 and 16th respectively. Will I see a gain this time? I went from 706 to 722 when one of my inq turned a year old in Aug. Can I expect the same bump this month?

Where/how were you expecting to see a change?

Message 5 of 10
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Change in scores ofcourse lol. The two inqs will stop hurting my scores on sep 13 and 16, but the account date was sep 1st. I have people say they gain points on accounts' birth days as well as inq's birth days. Well I did not gain any points on account birth day which was sep 1st. I will pull scores again on the 13th and 16th to see if the inq age gave me any luv.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

nathan, that is exactly what I would expect.  Hopefully you'll see a score improvement when the inqs are a year old.
Message Edited by writemikep on 09-03-2009 09:30 AM
Message 7 of 10
jackg
Established Contributor

Nathan,

One more point that should be brought up is that if your score is going to change one other thing must happen, the CRA's must update your credit report.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 8 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@nathan wrote:

Change in scores ofcourse lol. The two inqs will stop hurting my scores on sep 13 and 16, but the account date was sep 1st. I have people say they gain points on accounts' birth days as well as inq's birth days. Well I did not gain any points on account birth day which was sep 1st. I will pull scores again on the 13th and 16th to see if the inq age gave me any luv.

You would get a more helpful response if you gave a more specific response to the posited question:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understood.....
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.