Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER MONTH WITH NO SCORE CHANGE.

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: ANOTHER MONTH WITH NO SCORE CHANGE.

I'm glad I found this thread because I always wondered if I was a black sheep for having a higher EQ fico. Of course, TU/EX have 2 more ca's than EQ yet EQ is only 20-30 points or so higher than TU and 41 points higher than EX. When those are eventually rubbed off I guess I will be in the same boat.

That said, somebody mentioned that EQ does not like new accounts. Is it really known to ding you up if you secure another credit line or 2?
Message 11 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jbh wrote:
That said, somebody mentioned that EQ does not like new accounts. Is it really known to ding you up if you secure another credit line or 2?

Oh, my, yes! (check my scores) EX was pretty unhappy, too (lost 75 points), but I've got 51 of them back, so that helps.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 13
athensguy
Valued Contributor

On my Suze from July 15, I was Great-Good-Good-Good with a 755 on EQ, and Great-Good-Good-Not Good with a 747 on TU.

It sounds like TU was dinging me more for new accounts than EQ. New mortgage with open date of 3/28/2008 and new CC with open date of 11/29/2007.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.