Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU (Additional Cardholder) on AMEX TrueRewards Costco Card

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

AU (Additional Cardholder) on AMEX TrueRewards Costco Card

Does anybody know if I'm added as a AU user on AMEX Costco Card that it will factor into the FICO scoring? AMEX told me that it will be reported to all three CRA each month but I wonder if it will have any benefits.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU (Additional Cardholder) on AMEX TrueRewards Costco Card

If that particular AU TL reports, then it'll fully factor into your FICO score. So if it became your oldest TL or among your oldest TLs, improved your AAoA, improved your mix, and/or improved your utilization, then you could possibly see a FICO increase. Conversely, if it were among your newer accounts, younger than your AAoA, hurt your overall utilization, and/or had lates reporting, then you could possibly lose points when it first reports.

Message 2 of 6
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

If that particular AU TL reports, then it'll fully factor into your FICO score. So if it became your oldest TL or among your oldest TLs, improved your AAoA, improved your mix, and/or improved your utilization, then you could possibly see a FICO increase. Conversely, if it were among your newer accounts, younger than your AAoA, hurt your overall utilization, and/or had lates reporting, then you could possibly lose points when it first reports.

Awesome, does anybody know if Amex will report to all three CRA? They asked for SSN/DOB so I'm sure they will report it but I heard of sometimes reporting to two or one but not the others

Message 3 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Awesome, does anybody know if Amex will report to all three CRA? They asked for SSN/DOB so I'm sure they will report it but I heard of sometimes reporting to two or one but not the others

I am an AU on an amex costco card, they do report to all three CRA , but it shows up as an authroized user on credit reports. So when it gets pulled I think  it not may be factored into approval process. Don't quote me on that, other people here probably know better than I about that. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I am an AU on an amex costco card, they do report to all three CRA , but it shows up as an authroized user on credit reports. So when it gets pulled I think  it not may be factored into approval process. Don't quote me on that, other people here probably know better than I about that. 

It fully factors into FICO. However, each lender has their own criteria and can opt to accept the AU or not. There are some posters in Mortgage Loans who has their lender-to-be ask them to remove the AUs from their report as a condition for approval. Definitely not every lender does that but a few do.

Message 5 of 6
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@llecs wrote:

It fully factors into FICO. However, each lender has their own criteria and can opt to accept the AU or not. There are some posters in Mortgage Loans who has their lender-to-be ask them to remove the AUs from their report as a condition for approval. Definitely not every lender does that but a few do.

I don't plan on getting a mortgage loan soon so Smiley Happy I just want it to help my credit so I can get an auto loan or another cc

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.