tag
mystikal1
Established Contributor

AU Question delete or not?

I am an AU on 3 accounts.

BOA   12000 Limit 10000 UTI

Cap 1 10000 Limit   6500 UTI

Cap 1   5000 Limit   3500 UTI

Would it be more benificial to have the CBA remove these accounts or leave them alone?

My highest CL is 6500 on my own. Without the AU my UTI is 28% with them about 48%.

I want to be able to do a BT around Jan, by then mu UTI will be under 9% without the AU.

Thank you for your help in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: AU Question delete or not?

To me, if it dramatically lowers your utilization and risk, then I'd do it. But I also don't know the fine details of your situation. You just have to do what is best for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, it depends on your personal situation.

It sounds like you don't use the AU accounts, so you're more or less at the mercy of whoever the primary account holder is.  From the looks of things, they appear to keep their utilization high.  What is your AAoA with those accounts and what would it be without them?  If you're AAoA was going to drop from something like 9 years down to 9 months or something dramatic I could understand keeping yourself as an AU... but outside of AAoA I'm not really seeing what the benefits are.

Message 3 of 8
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Thank you, what is the best way to remove them? Dispute is what I am thinking.

Message 4 of 8
Samac
Regular Contributor

I would just have myself removed as an AU off of those accounts they usually disappear, if they don't then dispute them.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mystikal1 wrote:

Thank you, what is the best way to remove them? Dispute is what I am thinking.

You need to be removed from those accounts as an authorized user, then the creditor will update the CRA's.  If they don't, then you can dispute.  

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If in doubt, get the AU accounts removed.

A primary benefit, regardless of whether it improves scoring, is that your score will then be representative of only your own credit history.

Whenever you have an AU, the resulting score will not be representative of only your own personal risk, and if a creditor does a manual review and sees the presence of an AU account, they know that they do not have a score that represents only your own risk.

Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@mystikal1 wrote:

I am an AU on 3 accounts.

BOA   12000 Limit 10000 UTI

Cap 1 10000 Limit   6500 UTI

Cap 1   5000 Limit   3500 UTI

Would it be more benificial to have the CBA remove these accounts or leave them alone?

My highest CL is 6500 on my own. Without the AU my UTI is 28% with them about 48%.

I want to be able to do a BT around Jan, by then mu UTI will be under 9% without the AU.

Thank you for your help in advance

Get out of those accounts.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.