Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Question

I understand that after September FICO will no longer consider AUs in the credit score.  Suppose I am already an AU on a card, will I see a decrease in my credit score? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU Question

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand that after September FICO will no longer consider AUs in the credit score. Suppose I am already an AU on a card, will I see a decrease in my credit score?

If you're currently an AU on a positive account (good age and/or low utilization) you will probably see a score decrease.

The scoring change will go into effect at one CRA in September but will not go into effect at the other two CRAs until early next year.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any benifit to having myself added as an AU now, before the changes take effect?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there any benifit to having myself added as an AU now, before the changes take effect?

Sure, if the account is positive (low utilization, long history), you will probably get a score boost on one CRA for a month, and on the other two CRAs for 6 months or so.
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

WBLAKE wrote:

Someone adding you as an AU is still helpful, just remember some CCCs and CRAs take for ever to report, sometimes months. If your scores and overall credit history allow you to, consider applying as a joint account holder. The link below is good reading.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.