Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on Amex Gold Card

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

AU on Amex Gold Card

I have been an AU on my dads Amex for many years. Mostly needed it for work....He always pays it in full. Im curious it shows up the full balance on my 3 CR's but doesnt work into the equation of my monthly utilization. Has anyone figured out if this helps or hurts the score ? 

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU on Amex Gold Card

When you look at your credit reports, how does that AU account read?   Specifically....

* Some Amex cards are charge cards with no credit limit, and some Amex cards are credit cards that do have a credit limit.  Which is this?

* If there is no credit limit listed, does it have a "high credit" figure listed?  (This would be the highest balance ever reported.)

* If there is a credit limit listed, what is it?

*  When was the AU card opened?  (How old is it?)

*  What is the balance that is reported?  (Rough estimate, on an average month.)

As far as your credit profile goes (not counting the AU card)....

*  When was your oldest account opened? 

*  What is your total CC credit limit?

*  What is your total CC debt that is reported?  (Typically, on an average month.)

*  How many credit cards do you have?  (Again, not counting the AU.)

Bottom line is that the AU line is probably a help to your score, but knowing the answers to these questions will make it easier to say for sure.)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.