Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU usage to generate a FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU usage to generate a FICO score

I understand that adding a AU to my file will generate a FICO score but will the score be based purely off of that AU or will the accounts I have that have not been aged for 6months also play a factor?

6 REPLIES 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: AU usage to generate a FICO score

As long as the AU reports the account as being over 6 months old, my understanding is that a score should be generated. Once a score is generated, all accounts are included in the computation.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever is on your credit report is being factored in.  When the AU account shows up, it's being factored in.  Whatever other accounts you see on there that are yours are of course being factored in as well. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Whatever is on your credit report is being factored in.  When the AU account shows up, it's being factored in.  Whatever other accounts you see on there that are yours are of course being factored in as well. 

In your opinion should I just wait until April 1 for my FICO score to generate manually, in order to get a baseline, or go ahead and be added to DW's (what does that mean lol) now to force the score? I plan on getting added to her account the question is when at this point.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it really matters, unless you have a need for a score sooner.  But, even if you did have a need for a score sooner because you wanted to app for something for example, having the AU account but nothing else likely wouldn't be of any use to you.

Message 5 of 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

I would wait just to see how much the AU helps.

Is the card an Amex card? Amex AU report as new accounts. Most (all?) other AU will report all the history.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhiswrote:

I would wait just to see how much the AU helps.

Is the card an Amex card? Amex AU report as new accounts. Most (all?) other AU will report all the history.

Thanks I am going to wait, I want a baseline to see does an AU really help that much. No it is not an AMEX.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.