Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUs And The New FICO Scoring Model

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

AUs And The New FICO Scoring Model

Some of you might be an AU (authorized user) on one or several accounts with your parents, spouse, relatives or friends. Beginning in September 2007 one of the CRAs will implement FICO's new scoring model. Fair Isaacs has not confirmed which CRA will launch the new scoring model, though many are betting it will be Equifax. There has been confirmation by one of Experian's VPs that they will be the first CRA to launch FICO 2008 (see the second link). What does all this mean? AU accounts might continue to report on your CRs but they will no longer factor in the new scoring model. For more information read this thread.

This thread was dug up by member Revike

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-11-2007 02:18 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: AUs And The New FICO Scoring Model

Fair Isaac Corporation is the only one that will be making changes from what I understand. The three credit bureaus will dump the consumer's credit report onto their fico system. The credit bureaus themselves do not need to do anything. It's only the credit score. So even for example if Experian still allows authorized users to be used after the change, the score itself will change.
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@CreditBob wrote:
Fair Isaac Corporation is the only one that will be making changes from what I understand. The three credit bureaus will dump the consumer's credit report onto their fico system. The credit bureaus themselves do not need to do anything. It's only the credit score. So even for example if Experian still allows authorized users to be used after the change, the score itself will change.

Some people have already noticed EX won't even list the AU accounts on their reports.
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

@CreditBob wrote:

Some people have already noticed EX won't even list the AU accounts on their reports.

Yes, this is the case for me.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.