Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWSOME FICO SCORE FORMULA CHART

tag
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

AWSOME FICO SCORE FORMULA CHART

Hi,

I found this Fico Score Model Chart.I found it very educational.I'm sure the points are not 100% accurate,but it will defiantly assist in my Credit Rebuilding.If anyone has any other charts,graphs or any Foco educational info. Please post it up?  

Here's the link;   http://www.doughroller.net/credit/a-rare-glimpse-inside-the-fico-credit-score-formula/

Thanks,

DIYcredit

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AWSOME FICO SCORE FORMULA CHART

That chart predicts my score will jump 25 points in the next month when I go from having 2 inquiries under 6 months to zero (but still the same number under one year).

My score is currently 733, that predicts a jump up to the neighborhood of 758.

We will see in the next six weeks if it is true Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That chart predicts my score will jump 25 points in the next month when I go from having 2 inquiries under 6 months to zero (but still the same number under one year).

This chart sucks big time.  There is no way that one would lose 50 points for having 4 inquiries in six months.  That's 12.5 points per inquiry.  Also, it gives the second highest possible score for having a zero average balance across all cards.  That would require all cards reporting a zero, and that is not good for FICO.   And FICO doesn't care about absolute balance amounts (like dinging you most for a balance at 1K plus versus under $100.  All that matters is percent utilization of all cards totaled, the number of cards with a balance, and whether any one card is at 90% or more.

Whoever made that chart does not understand FICO scoring.  I have no doubt it was not published my FICO.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This chart is more than 3 years old. It may have some value, but it is just an internal training model. I wouldn't base any decision on it. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if those utilization numbers are meant to be 1/1000ths of your limit, rather than dollar values. That would make sense then.

In that case the score increments are 10%, 50%, 75% and 100% or more of your limit. I can't imagine a scoring model where those would be dollars -- a $1000 balance may be small for one person, and way over the limit for another. But if those average balance numbers are 1/1000th's  it makes sense.

Message 5 of 13
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if those utilization numbers are meant to be 1/1000ths of your limit, rather than dollar values. That would make sense then.

In that case the score increments are 10%, 50%, 75% and 100% or more of your limit. I can't imagine a scoring model where those would be dollars -- a $1000 balance may be small for one person, and way over the limit for another. But if those average balance numbers are 1/1000th's  it makes sense.

Whoever looks at this chart, please do not think it was put out by the FICO company.  It was put together by some individual.  FICO would never be this specific, for one thing, and the data incorrect for a second.

FICO requires that anytime you use their trademarked FICO logo, you must be put in a footnote that gives them full attribution.  Seeing that footnote and the name FICO in the header of the graphic should not make anyone believe it came from FICO or has anything to do with them.  It is simply acknowledging that their name is trademarked.

Also we all know about scorecards and we are constantly being reminded that "inquiries don't matter."  If four inquiries would nail you for 50 points, there would be a world of hurt around here.  Plus you cannot generalize how something like number of inquiries will affect scores across all profiles since all the data is weighted differently based on score cards.

I just don't want anybody thinking this graphic has any type of FICO involvement because it doesn't.  It is one person's attempt to educate people using patently false information. The graphic should be destroyed!

Message 6 of 13
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

The chart is an illustrative example of how Fico works. And yes, this chart has been around a long time.

Don't view the specific numbers as a real world accurate depiction of score impact associated with factors. Rather, look at it as an educational tool that indicates how factors influence score and general magnitude of impact. Note: I suspect this is a 3rd party chart (not directly from Fico).

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 7 of 13
iv
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This chart sucks big time.  There is no way that one would lose 50 points for having 4 inquiries in six months.  That's 12.5 points per inquiry.  Also, it gives the second highest possible score for having a zero average balance across all cards.  That would require all cards reporting a zero, and that is not good for FICO.   And FICO doesn't care about absolute balance amounts (like dinging you most for a balance at 1K plus versus under $100.  All that matters is percent utilization of all cards totaled, the number of cards with a balance, and whether any one card is at 90% or more.

Whoever made that chart does not understand FICO scoring.  I have no doubt it was not published my FICO.

That chart is from a FICO World 2010 presentation by a FICO Principal Consultant for Scores and Analytics (J.W.)...

But it's an example, not an actual copy of the scoring criteria in any particular model.  For that matter, a 2014 version of that slide changed the title from "Example FICO Scoring Model" to "Example FICO Score Reason Computation", and clarifies that the points listed are NOT part of the 850 scale, but rather part of the method for determining the four reason codes/score factors.  (Reason code "selection and order based upon difference from maximum points" in each reason code category.)

Note that these presentations are available to FICO World/FICO Boot Camp attendees, and are marked "FICO Confidential - This presentation is provided for the recipient only and cannot be reproduced or shared without Fair Isaac Corporation's express consent."

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 8 of 13
Valued Contributor

@iv wrote:

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That chart is from a FICO World 2010 presentation by a FICO Principal Consultant for Scores and Analytics (J.W.)...

But it's an example, not an actual copy of the scoring criteria in any particular model.  For that matter, a 2014 version of that slide changed the title from "Example FICO Scoring Model" to "Example FICO Score Reason Computation", and clarifies that the points listed are NOT part of the 850 scale, but rather part of the method for determining the four reason codes/score factors.  (Reason code "selection and order based upon difference from maximum points" in each reason code category.)

Note that these presentations are available to FICO World/FICO Boot Camp attendees, and are marked "FICO Confidential - This presentation is provided for the recipient only and cannot be reproduced or shared without Fair Isaac Corporation's express consent."

Oh, boy, now you've done it!

Message 9 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That chart is laughably bad when it comes to any FICO algorithm... heck parts of it are more applicable to Vantage Score which is the truly LOL part of it.

        
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.