Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About Washington Mutual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? About Washington Mutual

I have a cc with Washington Mutual and they give me my "FICO" credit score from Transuion.  Is this a true "FICO", "FAKO", or something else?  Thanksl
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? About Washington Mutual

It is a FICO score....if you look under Real Information (on the right side) you'll see that it says FICO Credit Score.
Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think that I've read that they are PFICO scores, which is a FICO score tweaked for the credit card industry. There are also specialized FICO scores for car loans. So it's a genuine FICO score, but if you pulled your TU score from this site, they might not match exactly.

The credit card and auto loan industries apparently felt a need for scores that were more predictive of how their particular borrowers would behave. For instance, the car loan FICO's give more weight to past history of car loan behavior.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Providian FICO hates new accounts.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Washington Mutual credit card and according to them my FICO score is 742.  I pulled my scores on this site to see if they match and my score is about 35 points lower here!!!  I figured there might be a small difference...but 35 points???
Message 5 of 12
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 6 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Do you have really good history on your credit cards? (length, payment history, and so forth) Since PFICO's weight your CC record more heavily, that's great that yours is so much higher than the regular one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLUS the PFICO from WAMU is a month behind.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Do you have really good history on your credit cards? (length, payment history, and so forth) Since PFICO's weight your CC record more heavily, that's great that yours is so much higher than the regular one.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My situation exactly, except that Washington Mutual, or WAMU reports my TU credit score as 755 and Equifax reports my score, with no substantial differences in the reports, as 665. What's up with that? I'm thinking that the WAMU card is tilted for their credit card somewhat, but 90 points??
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar situation here.  My TransUnion pfico from Washington Mutual is now 742.  I pulled all three scores here at myFICO and got the following results:

TransUnion: 705
Experian: 700
Equifax: 695

Message Edited by applegbt on 01-09-2008 06:40 AM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.