rafaeljca

Acc. Close by Credit Grantor, Paid as Agreed/Zero Balance - Fico Score went up 7 points?

Ermm, i don't get this. It was a retail credit card opened in 2006 with a 1k limit. Fico score went up 7 points to 799. Any ideas?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Acc. Close by Credit Grantor, Paid as Agreed/Zero Balance - Fico Score went up 7 points?

Are you referring to a SW alert? If so, know that your score change provided with the alert is a net score change and doesn't necessarily mean that all 7 points came from the status change of that one account. For example, I got a SW alert for +20 because I added an inquiry. Inquiries don't increase your FICO but there was a dropped baddie that SW doesn't pick up on that caused the score change. In other words, your +7 could be caused by other things like a zeroed-out balance, improvement in util, accounts aging, etc.

rafaeljca

Re: Acc. Close by Credit Grantor, Paid as Agreed/Zero Balance - Fico Score went up 7 points?

Yea, a SW alert.

rafaeljca

Actually everything  has been the same for some time now, all my CC have zero balance reported every month, i always pay in full and haven't add any new account in a while. Now i reviewed the changes in transunion and the score went down? What a mess.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Did you mean Equifax? SW works with EQ only.

If all of your CCs are at $0, try letting one report a small balance of under 9% of the CL. You might see a bump out of that.

Established Contributor
CashOnDelivery

rafaeljca wrote:

Actually everything  has been the same for some time now, all my CC have zero balance reported every month, i always pay in full and haven't add any new account in a while. Now i reviewed the changes in transunion and the score went down? What a mess.

Your score could've also incresed due to reasons such AAoA has increased, an inquiry "aged" off from the scoring model, etc.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+