Frequent Contributor
andyaycw

Account Just Aged to One year Old - Wow! "large" jump in FICO!

last year I got two cards with Citi. My credit reports both report it as being established in 8/2006 even though one of them I didn't receive until 9/2006. Anyway, when I checked my FICO scores several weeks ago (7/25/07 to be exact) they were as follows:

TU: 708
EQ: 726
EX: 715

Those were with my account age of 11 months. I just checked again today as the age would now be reported as one year, and I noticed an unexpected increase in my score! Someone mentioned before that an account is still considered "new" until it has reached the one year mark. I really only expected a small increase in score from a "new" account to a 12-month old account, so I was surprised when I saw the following scores:

TU: 719
EQ: 738
EX: 735

Simply amazing - I guess account age has more of an effect than I originally thought.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score: EX 794, EQ 787, TU 776
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Re: Account Just Aged to One year Old - Wow! "large" jump in FICO!

Cool!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

nice!
Established Contributor
bren39

Really good!
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

Congrats!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}