cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Settled in Full & Scoring - Good or Bad?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Settled in Full & Scoring - Good or Bad?

Yes....what do you mean by "a negative gap on the account".  That is what GAP Insurance covers......  Some policies have a max pay out, but for the most part they have to pay every penny remaining after your insurance pays out their portion.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The original creditor realized they made an error...cancelled the original agreement...they initiated a new agreement...which they titled...Settlement Agreement!  The account was NEVER delinquent, in collections, or in default!  The 1st payment hadn't been made yet.  The creditor opted to do a "Settlement Agreement" payable in 12 installments...with NO interest.  They've indicated upon successful completion of payments...they will notate..."Settled-in-Full" on my credit profile?  I disagree...it should be "Paid-in-Full As Agreed"?  Thank you.

Message 12 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The original creditor realized they made an error...cancelled the original agreement...they initiated a new agreement...which they titled...Settlement Agreement!  The account was NEVER delinquent, in collections, or in default!  The 1st payment hadn't been made yet.  The creditor opted to do a "Settlement Agreement" payable in 12 installments...with NO interest.  They've indicated upon successful completion of payments...they will notate..."Settled-in-Full" on my credit profile?  I disagree...it should be "Paid-in-Full As Agreed"?  Thank you.

Did you sign the new agreement agreeing to that? I take it you received goods, services, or money because of their insistence of a new agreement?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the new agreement was signed by ALL parties.  However, the loan was made prior to the "Settlement Agreement" being offered.  Thank you.

Message 14 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the new agreement was already signed, and it contained that verbage that they would mark the report as "settled-in-full", then there's not much you can do. The new agreement voids out the old. I'd pay it as promised and see how it reports. You can always see how it reports once it hits your CRs. If it does show, you can always look within the new agreement and see if it allows for a changing of terms if both parties agree. I'm sure they care a lot more about the money than they do about the reporting.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.