Established Contributor
cashnocredit

Added 5th CC, FICO jumped 46 points

Adding a new CC doesn't always cause your FICO to drop. While it is well known that FICO benefits a lot with your first, and to a lesser degree second, CC, My FICO just jumped from 690 to 736 when I added a WM CC. It wasn't Util which stayed at 11%. The CL is .8k so my total CLs went from 52k to 53k.

However, this set of reasons is funny:

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 2 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You have too many credit accounts with balances.
  • You have not established a long revolving credit history.

See the "Extreme rebucketing" post for more background.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Extreme-Rebucketing-Effects-757-to-690-on...

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+