Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an AU that has Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Adding an AU that has Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

So, I have the Chase CSP and I was thinking about adding DW as an AU to obtain 5k UR points.  When I pulled her CR, I noticed she had a previous relationship with Chase before we were married.  The relation ended with the bankruptcy.  Would there be any type of impact by Chase for adding her as an AU?  I have three cards with Chase and would like to avoid any potential pitfalls, but still would like to enjoy the points.  I am not worried about DW having the card, just if Chase would have any AA by adding someone that had been discharged.  Thanks in advance for the info.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding an AU that has Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

I don't have any experience with this.  But I believe you will be fine.  I would be a little more careful of Amex, but I don't think Chase cares who the AU are.

Message 2 of 4
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Thanks for the information.  Maybe someone will chime in with previous experience with Chase.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

An AUs scores and credit history has no baring at all, as all liability falls on you. You may add AU and remove them as you wish.

As another poster said, the banks don't care who you add as AU.

No credit check of an AU occurs, as a point of proof.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.