Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an installment loan -- the Share Secure technique

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding an installment loan -- the Share Secure technique

Equifax hit today. 19 points! I'm in the 700 club! All from optimizing down to 8.99% utilization.

Message 791 of 1,921
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax hit today. 19 points! I'm in the 700 club! All from optimizing down to 8.99% utilization.

Congratulations! 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 792 of 1,921
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

Score Update: My loan hit Equifax. Score jumped 35 points from 724 to 759! Not on Transunion and Experian yet. Will update when available. Less than 2 weeks from approval to first score jump. Had to wait on Equifax to update through CCT but first saw on report from Credit Karma yesterday. Thanks CGID!

By the way just for data's sake, CK reported an 11 point drop for a new account. 

Interesting... I don't get Credit Karma reporting until around the 19th. TU and EQ usually hit on the same day.

Message 793 of 1,921
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Got the email this morning and called... Was a quick and pleasant experience...

Just sent back the Docusign forms..

First payment isnt untill next week. 

-J

Message 794 of 1,921
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I have student loans, car payment, mortgage. Would this installment plan be beneficial? I'm going for 700s and if I can find 15-20 points on top of simple utilization management I'm all for it.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 795 of 1,921
newhis
Valued Contributor

JustinA, this will not help you. Sorry.

Message 796 of 1,921
Anonymous
Not applicable

So.... The original post says they do a ChexSystems report... I owe money to two banks and I can't open a checkings account, and was denied for savings accounts with Ally & Synchrony because of me oweing. I do have a Cap1 360 checkings account which I got by freezing my Chex report though.

So... Would it be safe to assume I can't do this until I pay to clear my Chex report?

Message 797 of 1,921
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's important that everyone understand that this technique is to be used for those that do not have any current open installment loans.  If you already have an open installment loan or loans, this technique will be of no scoring benefit.

Message 798 of 1,921
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So.... The original post says they do a ChexSystems report... I owe money to two banks and I can't open a checkings account, and was denied for savings accounts with Ally & Synchrony because of me oweing. I do have a Cap1 360 checkings account which I got by freezing my Chex report though.

So... Would it be safe to assume I can't do this until I pay to clear my Chex report?

That sounds like a safe assumption.  If Alliant sees your CS report and there are negatives on it they will likely deny you membership.

Message 799 of 1,921
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Porch wrote:

Or until they fall off. I believe those accounts will report for 5 years. You can order your report from them at -  

https://www.chexsystems.com/web/chexsystems/consumerdebit/page/home/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0v...

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 800 of 1,921
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.