Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Adding an installment loan -- the Share Secure technique

Do I wait for the first autopay to go through then pay the $420? Just making sure. My due date is June 5th I got the call today May 5th and that was the earliest date they would give. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

You  can make your first big payment right away.  It can be whatever you like: $420, $440, whatever.  Just bear in mind that your first autopay will bring the balance down further, which is why may people make a big payment right away, then after the first autopay goes through click on the cancel button (as described in the instructions), then pay the remaining balance down to a final figure of $44.

Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to pay that $420 I go to transfer money then select from savings to share secured loan right

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Yes.  The guidance reads:

The way to make a payment (whether big or small) is to go to the TRANSFER MONEY tab.  Just set up a one time transfer of $420 from your savings to the loan.  Simple. 

You may find that all of the questions you are asking are answered in the guidance.  For example, it indicates that first you make a big one-time payment.  Then it says to wait until the first autopay goes through (which might be several days or even weeks depending on when you set that autopay to first go through)..  Then it says to cancel the autopay and it describes how to do that.  Then it says to bring the final balance down to $44.

Best of luck with your new loan!

Contributor
0 Kudos

CreditGuyInDixie wrote:

Yes.  The guidance reads:

The way to make a payment (whether big or small) is to go to the TRANSFER MONEY tab.  Just set up a one time transfer of $420 from your savings to the loan.  Simple. 

You may find that all of the questions you are asking are answered in the guidance.  For example, it indicates that first you make a big one-time payment.  Then it says to wait until the first autopay goes through (which might be several days or even weeks depending on when you set that autopay to first go through)..  Then it says to cancel the autopay and it describes how to do that.  Then it says to bring the final balance down to $44.

Best of luck with your new loan!

damn i missed that part sorry 

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

it finally showed up on my CK report.

should i be concerned that it's showing "No payment history has been reported by this creditor" even though i've already paid it down to $44 balance???

fwiw, VS3 fako score TU & EQ dropped 11 & 10 pts. unfortunately my discover, boa and amex (real) fico scores won't update til the next few wks. 'keep you guys posted.

wishlist: PenFed Power Cash Rewards \ BofW CB Golden1 CU \ NFCU | gardening since July '17

FICO scores | Inq | AAoA: EX: 830 | 4 | 3yrs \ TU: 850 | 1 | 2yrs \ EQ: ? | 0 | 2yrs

Valued Member
0 Kudos

If it is any help... I initially paid mine down to the $44 mark and was able to delete my scheduled transfer the day is was due, possibly before it went through?  All previous attempts to delete the scheduled trasnsfer resulted in a "you can't do that" error.  But on the day it was scheduled, I logged in in the morning and deleted no problem... has not reappeared, and no transfer was ever made.  YMMV.

FICO 8 as of 3/23/16 - EQ-717 EX-736 TU-724
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Incubus writes:

Should i be concerned that it's showing "No payment history has been reported by this creditor" even though i've already paid it down to $44 balance???

That's fascinating.  Thanks for making that observation.  It may not be a problem at all.  Very possible (likely!) that FICO only looks at three things:

(1)  Is there at least one installment loan on the report?

(2)  Is its status open or closed?

(3)  What is your total installment utilization?

Thus completely ignoring the variables in an account that show a series of OK's for monthly payments. 

On the other hand, if you have a huge need to cover all your bases, you could certainly make a payment of $1 per month for the next three months.  It seems virtually certain that this would create a history of monthly payments, i.e. to make sure the "no payment history" variable (if such a thing ecen exists) gets turned to "payment history = yes."

If you have no urgent need for a top score this minute, then it would be interesting to wait 35 days and see whether it still shows as "no payment history."  What I will tell you is that with a new credit card, it sometimes will say "no payment history" for up to three months, even though I actually have been making regular charges and monthly payments since day 1.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jorgasm!  I will tweak the guidance to reflect that a person might be able delete the transfer as early as the morning of the scheduled day. 

Before I do that I'd like to hear back from you next week about whether the scheduled autopay ever went through (given that you deleted it in the morning, possibly causing it to not execute).  Right now you are uncertain whether that happened.  Give it at least 2 business days and let me know, ok pal?

Valued Member
0 Kudos

First autopay transfer was originally scheduled for May 1st... Been 5 days and nothing balance wise has changed, pending or otherwise. I'll chime in if anything happens.

FICO 8 as of 3/23/16 - EQ-717 EX-736 TU-724

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.