Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Address

Does length of time at one address count in the FICO score? I moved to a new place and don't know if I should report it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Address

FICO score doesnt care where you live and I would always report my new address and telephone to all my creditors.  The forum here is full of people who got collections because they moved and forgot to tell the creditor and they never got their statement.  I know that's a weak argument for a collection but save yourself some pain.

Message Edited by marty56 on 07-18-2009 04:28 PM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. Somehow they not only know my current address but a temporary address I was living at for 6 months... Perhaps when I changed the billing address for my credit card it automatically goes to the agency.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Goal800 wrote:

...Perhaps when I changed the billing address for my credit card it automatically goes to the agency.

It does. Your demographics (name, address, etc.) are sent in when your balances are updated. This is why sometimes an account doesn't show on one or more reports --your address was wrong on that particular account, or they goobered up your SSN, and the CRA won't match it to your file.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...Perhaps when I changed the billing address for my credit card it automatically goes to the agency.

It does. Your demographics (name, address, etc.) are sent in when your balances are updated. This is why sometimes an account doesn't show on one or more reports --your address was wrong on that particular account, or they goobered up your SSN, and the CRA won't match it to your file.

Also since every update gets in those reports, my reports have obvious typos in former mailing addresses and employer names, which I've never bothered to have them correct, any human reading them would instantly recognize them as typos.  Now if there were substantive errors, such as if the accounts and payment history were incorrect, those I certainly would try to fix.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.