Moderator Emeritus

Re: Adventures in FAKOland...

Neblett wrote:
I've spent the last 3 months fixing the baddies on my CRs.

My EQ FICO in March was 420. It's now 668. So I think it's pretty obvious I've done some work on this.

My TU and EX reports are still showing some open student loans that are about to report as "Closed (Paid)" because of a loan consolidation. The only other legitimate thing I can do is wait for 4 more years because of some delinquent accounts that have been closed. There is also a Ford Motor Charge-Off that will have a zero balance in a month.

Are the 4 year old delinquent accounts paid?  How much do you owe on the Ford charge-off?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1
Regular Contributor

Yes, the majority of the delinquents are paid. I'm still waiting on the results of a couple of PFD letters I submitted in the last month.

The Ford charge-off still currently shows a balance of $4500 - but I will be paying the final installment on a settlement amount next week, which will bring the balance to zero and the status as "Paid in Full" by the end of the month. That will wipe out over 42% of my bad credit debt.

I am still waiting for 5-6 student loan accounts to change status to "Closed (Paid)" on all three CRs, including 3 loan accounts that have erroneous 60-day late pays on them with EQ (but EQ is not the score I'm worried about) - these late pays have been disputed, and for some reason CSC has all the correct information in their database, but Equifax is not reflecting that corrected info (yes, I've contacted the dispute dept. at CSC repeatedly about this). There will still be a couple of student loan balances left over, but all of them show "Pays as Agreed" and will do so until 2009.
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:
Yes, the majority of the delinquents are paid. I'm still waiting on the results of a couple of PFD letters I submitted in the last month.

The Ford charge-off still currently shows a balance of $4500 - but I will be paying the final installment on a settlement amount next week, which will bring the balance to zero and the status as "Paid in Full" by the end of the month. That will wipe out over 42% of my bad credit debt.

I am still waiting for 5-6 student loan accounts to change status to "Closed (Paid)" on all three CRs, including 3 loan accounts that have erroneous 60-day late pays on them with EQ (but EQ is not the score I'm worried about) - these late pays have been disputed, and for some reason CSC has all the correct information in their database, but Equifax is not reflecting that corrected info (yes, I've contacted the dispute dept. at CSC repeatedly about this). There will still be a couple of student loan balances left over, but all of them show "Pays as Agreed" and will do so until 2009.

Good you started the PFD letters!  A good rule of thumb is GW the paid ones and PFD the unpaid ones like the Ford charge-off.  GW letters don't seem to work with Sls though.
Credit Profile -
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Regular Contributor

OK.

Another question - when I applied online for a CapOne Auto loan, I got an email and an INQUIRY on my EQ report from RoadLoans. I did NOT apply through RoadLoans.

Any guesses what's going on?
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:
OK.

Another question - when I applied online for a CapOne Auto loan, I got an email and an INQUIRY on my EQ report from RoadLoans. I did NOT apply through RoadLoans.

Any guesses what's going on?

This is only a guess!  You might have been shopped around!

Any ideas Tuscani, Noah or MidnightVoice?
Credit Profile -
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

None whatsoever.  I didn't know until recently that RoadRunner was know in the loan business :smileysad:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

fused111 wrote:

None whatsoever.  I didn't know until recently that RoadRunner was know in the loan business :smileysad:

I think the lender is RoadLoans.
Credit Profile -
Established Contributor

From an auto expert at CB: RoadLoans is a pass thru program for a few lenders. You actually don't need to apply directly thru them. If affiliated with another lender with whom you have applied, then if declined that lender could pass over the application for decisioning.
Super Contributor

Revike wrote:
From an auto expert at CB: RoadLoans is a pass thru program for a few lenders. You actually don't need to apply directly thru them. If affiliated with another lender with whom you have applied, then if declined that lender could pass over the application for decisioning.

And I assume if there are two credit pulls they will only count as one, under the "shopping for a loan" calculation
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]
Yep, CAP1 has a partnership with RoadLoans. CAP1 will forward your app to them if they can't approve you. I am sure there is a reference to this somewhere in the terms of their app.

Correct, should only count against your score as 1 Inq.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-16-2007 09:32 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.