Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affect of Mortgage refinance to credit score

tag
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

Affect of Mortgage refinance to credit score

I am in the process of refinancing one of our properties. This mortgage (not primary residence with some lates, but during the mortgage crisis) has been in profile since 2003. Still have two other mortgage tradelines on report as well. What affect will refinancing this loan and the new loan have on score? Also trying to refinance automobile so trying to time everything for maximum score for rate.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Affect of Mortgage refinance to credit score

@torebuild2014 wrote:

I am in the process of refinancing one of our properties. This mortgage (not primary residence with some lates, but during the mortgage crisis) has been in profile since 2003. Still have two other mortgage tradelines on report as well. What affect will refinancing this loan and the new loan have on score? Also trying to refinance automobile so trying to time everything for maximum score for rate.

Thanks

An additional counted inquiry on every report, possible change in AAOA from the new tradeline for the refinance typically.  Similar with the auto.

As soon as the refi finalized I'd probably just go chase the car loan immediately afterwards.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.