Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After Bankruptcy

I filed bankruptcy in 2004 and cannot pay it off until Aug 2007. I obtained 2 credit cards within the last year to help rebuild my score and have never been late on either. Currently my middle score is 660 and I am looking to buy a house and close in September.  I have a few questions.

1. Will my credit score drop after the bankruptcy is discharged.

2. Does anyone know how long it takes for the bankruptcy to discharge after it is paid off?

3. What else can I do help improve my scores?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After Bankruptcy

thekidd wrote:
I filed bankruptcy in 2004 and cannot pay it off until Aug 2007. I obtained 2 credit cards within the last year to help rebuild my score and have never been late on either. Currently my middle score is 660 and I am looking to buy a house and close in September.  I have a few questions.

1. Will my credit score drop after the bankruptcy is discharged.

2. Does anyone know how long it takes for the bankruptcy to discharge after it is paid off?

3. What else can I do help improve my scores?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Your score won't drop after discharge and the BK will remain for 7 years after filing.  You are doing all you can and your scores don't look too bad for house purposes.  It took mine 4 mos after filing to discharge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.