cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 3 Credit scores dropped 50+ points with out any change what so ever!

tag
bloodxus30
New Visitor

All 3 Credit scores dropped 50+ points with out any change what so ever!

Hello everyone,

I've been watching my credit for 2 years now. All accounts/inquiries have been the same for the last year or so. I checked my fico about 2 weeks ago and my score were: 633/724/641. The only change was that 2 hard mortgage inquiries fell off about a month ago and my score increased about 15 points from this. I went to update myfico last week and out of no where, my Equifax/Transunion do not meet the criteria even to produce a fico score. I call transunion and this is what I was told:

Transunion dropped to a credit score of ONLY "2". I called and the rep said she didn't know but it's probably because I only have one credit line on the report. She said it won't display an actual score with only one credit line on the report. I told her that I've had a score showing on my online account for years!! She had no other answer for me.

Equifax dropped from 633 to 588 according to my online account which I just checked today. I stopped there and didn't even both checking Expirian.

Keep in mind that there has ben absolutely ZERO changes to my reports except the 2 inquiries falling off. No new accounts, no late payments, no new inquiries. Absolutely nothing and my scores are dropping like hot potatoes!

Does ANYONE have an idea of what could have happened or is happening here? Any insight would be grately appreciated.

Thank you,

James

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: All 3 Credit scores dropped 50+ points with out any change what so ever!

How many trade lines were showing before?

Search for split file on the forums.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 2 of 13
user5387
Valued Contributor

I would pull your actual reports direct from the bureaus, and see what is on them.

Message 3 of 13
bloodxus30
New Visitor

just one trade line the entire time.

Message 4 of 13
bloodxus30
New Visitor

I did pull each of them from each bureau. Everything is the same as explained for the past year except the removed inquiries.

Message 5 of 13
jewelsinme
New Visitor

Hey! Mine literally dropped 50 points too! My mouth dropped open, I just got approved for a nice line of credit (that I wasn't expecting) - so I came to myfico to get an updated listing of my credit score. Imagine my suprise when I was in the POOR! I worked so hard to get out of it for two years too. There has to be an error somewhere. I think it's on myfico's end. Obviously, the company who extended the credit to me didn't see these scores. I googled and found you. From three days ago. Coincidence? I bet not.

Message 6 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bloodxus30 wrote:

I did pull each of them from each bureau. Everything is the same as explained for the past year except the removed inquiries.

In your case I'd call myFICO support and ask them what's up: sounds like something is munged in the data pull.  The title is a little misleading in my opinion when you have an identity or other issue going on Smiley Happy.

        
Message 7 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jewelsinme wrote:

Hey! Mine literally dropped 50 points too! My mouth dropped open, I just got approved for a nice line of credit (that I wasn't expecting) - so I came to myfico to get an updated listing of my credit score. Imagine my suprise when I was in the POOR! I worked so hard to get out of it for two years too. There has to be an error somewhere. I think it's on myfico's end. Obviously, the company who extended the credit to me didn't see these scores. I googled and found you. From three days ago. Coincidence? I bet not.

Welcome to the forums!

Honestly one of the things we struggle with is there's more than 50 verision of mainstream FICO algorithms out in the wild, of which maybe 18 are commonly used. It's quite likely statistically and from your description that it's potentially a different score, but I'd ask, what was in the report and what was your score?  

There's a lot more to underwriting than a FICO Score, as an example a FICO score generally doesn't care whether a collection has been paid or not, or a tax lien released as examples: they may be paid which makes a world of different to underwriting, but won't help one's score.  Will say my own scores aren't fantastic and I haven't had any problems regarding credit, but all the negatives on my report are clearly paid which is non-trivial from a lender's perspective (and a clean sheet technically since I got my poop in a group doesn't hurt either).

        
Message 8 of 13
JLK93
Established Contributor

@bloodxus30 wrote:

just one trade line the entire time.

Has this trade line been active recently?

Message 9 of 13
JLK93
Established Contributor

I checked my fico about 2 weeks ago and my score were: 633/724/641. 

I went to update myfico last week and out of no where, my Equifax/Transunion do not meet the criteria even to produce a fico score. 

Equifax dropped from 633 to 588 according to my online account which I just checked today. I stopped there and didn't even both checking Expirian.

How did your Equifax fico score drop from 633 to 588 if your Equifax report does not meet the criteria to produce a fico score?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.