cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 35 points difference between TU and Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost 35 points difference between TU and Experian?

I agree with the above post, as this is the most likely issue.  Just look at your credit limit reported for your card in question and see if the limit under TU is your old pre-CLI limit.  If so, it will update soon; this could be anywhere from a couple of days to no more than 30 days.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the credit limits/report date for TU aren't updated, yet. Interesting to see, because the credit limit increase was from the one Credit Card (Barcley) that reports TU FICO scores with their card.

I know that Credit Karma uses a completely different model, however, my two credit cards supposedly report FICO scores and as I mentioned, the Experian apparently increased almost 60 points in one month (comparing the score my CC reported on 06/10 to the score from CCT yesterday)? This seems so hard to believe, especially since it's been pretty stagnant for the last several months...

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the credit limits/report date for TU aren't updated, yet. Interesting to see, because the credit limit increase was from the one Credit Card (Barcley) that reports TU FICO scores with their card.

While you would think these two things would be related, unfortunately they aren't.  There are quite a few examples of the FICO score provided by credit card companies having nothing to do with anything else related to your account.  Amex is a good example of this, as they use completely different software when providing your FICO score than they use for the application process, yet both involve an EX FICO 08 score.  When I applied for Amex, they pulled EX just like everyone else and provided me with that FICO score in my approval materials.  For 5 months of having my Amex account open, I was never able to obtain a FICO score on my account and was told by Amex that it was because they "couldn't access my EX credit report."  I called BS on that, as they had no problem accessing it when I apped.  After moving things up the ladder and speaking to someone that really knew his stuff, he told me that there's a completely different platform/software that's used for the app process verses the FICO score generation process.  Little things like this you wouldn't normally even think about. 

Message 13 of 16
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that Credit Karma uses a completely different model, however, my two credit cards supposedly report FICO scores and as I mentioned, the Experian apparently increased almost 60 points in one month (comparing the score my CC reported on 06/10 to the score from CCT yesterday)? This seems so hard to believe, especially since it's been pretty stagnant for the last several months...

There are several sources of different types of score you are talking about. 

What are your Barclays provided scores for each statement in 2017? Just Barclays, no others. 

Also, to better understand your profile, since there are no lates, can you list out your cards? Bank name, card limit and last statement-reported balance for each. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

What are your Barclays provided scores for each statement in 2017? Just Barclays, no others. 

Ah, so you mean the scores provided by my two credit cards, despite being labeled FICO, are only from their own card information and not from the respective other card and/or car loan?

@NRB525 wrote:
Also, to better understand your profile, since there are no lates, can you list out your cards? Bank name, card limit and last statement-reported balance for each. 

These seem like an awful lot of personal information? Smiley Indifferent I have one FirstBankCard, opened in October or November 2015 as secured and unsecured since last summer. Recently (2 or 3 months ago) had an automatic limit increase. Last statement utilization was 59% or so. The other is a BarcleyCard for Apple 0% Financing, which I got in November 2016 and used to finance a Macbook, which I'm slowly paying off. No other uses fort his one. This BarcleyCard doubled the credit limit just last week. Last statement was 79% or so utilization; that was before the limit increase and now it's much lower, of course.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Ah, so you mean the scores provided by my two credit cards, despite being labeled FICO, are only from their own card information and not from the respective other card and/or car loan?

@NRB525 wrote:

These seem like an awful lot of personal information? Smiley Indifferent I have one FirstBankCard, opened in October or November 2015 as secured and unsecured since last summer. Recently (2 or 3 months ago) had an automatic limit increase. Last statement utilization was 59% or so. The other is a BarcleyCard for Apple 0% Financing, which I got in November 2016 and used to finance a Macbook, which I'm slowly paying off. No other uses fort his one. This BarcleyCard doubled the credit limit just last week. Last statement was 79% or so utilization; that was before the limit increase and now it's much lower, of course.

I can assure you that NRB525 is only trying to help here.  Listing your different cards with balances really isn't offering up much personal information, as on these forums no one knows who you are.

With respect to your FICO scores, it's important to understand that there are several different reasons as to why your score from one provider (CC) is different than another.  First, there could be a different scoring model being used.  FICO 08, FICO 05, FICO 09, etc.  Second, the model could be using information from a different bureau than another.  Finally, even if the same model is being used and the same bureau data is being used, the two scores could be generated at different times (say 2 weeks apart) and as a result different scores are produced.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.