cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always trying to learn how to impact FICO scores.

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Always trying to learn how to impact FICO scores.

This might be of interest to those of you who also have this bug.

This morning I followed my normal ritual by updating my True Credit 3 in 1 report and then checking my scores listed there. To my surprise my Experian was plus 15 points after not budging for 46 days. Of course I had to investigate to find the cause, and, when I compared to the day previous, the one and only change was a CLI to my NFCU nRewards Visa that went from $2,000 to $10,000.

Now I'm really curious what will happen when this change updates at TU & EQ. Is it possible I'll get that 15 points 2 more times? I'm unsure because like most others the content of those 2 reports is different from EX and from each other.

This sure is an interesting game.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Always trying to learn how to impact FICO scores.

jackg wrote:
This might be of interest to those of you who also have this bug.

This morning I followed my normal ritual by updating my True Credit 3 in 1 report and then checking my scores listed there. To my surprise my Experian was plus 15 points after not budging for 46 days. Of course I had to investigate to find the cause, and, when I compared to the day previous, the one and only change was a CLI to my NFCU nRewards Visa that went from $2,000 to $10,000.

Now I'm really curious what will happen when this change updates at TU & EQ. Is it possible I'll get that 15 points 2 more times? I'm unsure because like most others the content of those 2 reports is different from EX and from each other.

This sure is an interesting game.

Nothing I do improves my EX score (FICO or FAKO) and it is in the toilet.  18 months of perfect payment, vastly increased CLs, lower util, and it went down about 8 points (FICO and FAKO)

When I had a CLI from 1,500 to 10,000 via a new account (with history from the old account, changed cards at CU), my FAKO EQ went up 5, my FICO EQ went down 5 and my TU stayed the same.

Go figure

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
jackg
Established Contributor

Don't you just want to have SOME ONE explain how the heck all that can happen?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

jackg wrote:
Don't you just want to have SOME ONE explain how the heck all that can happen?

Smiley Very Happy I hear ya!

BTW, I am trying to get an older CC to show current activity on my reports (I'm convinced that it's the issuer's fault, not all three CRA's, but whatever.) I started an on-line dispute with EQ on the balance, and my TrueCredit FAKO EQ shot up 40 points. The next morning I spoke with an EQ CSR in person, and during the conversation, she put in the investigation status change. While we were talking (!), I got a ScoreWatch alert, which told me about the dispute, but my FICO EQ score didn't change.

So I hope your FICO's go up like your FAKO did, but it ain't necessarily so.

And how about that real-time SW alert! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
jackg
Established Contributor

Hauling--

Sorry to hear there was no FICO score improvement for you! She's fickle, that FICO dame!

I'm certain you already know this but, thought it was worth mentioning if not, when a T/L takes a hike for 1 or 2 months as you describe in your current dispute, you will eventually get the history, the next time the T/L updates. It has happened to me.

As always, patience! NOW!! DAMIT!!!!

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.