cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being impatient, or is something amiss?

tag
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Am I being impatient, or is something amiss?

Currently, I have two revolving credit lines:

• Capital 1 MC- $4000
  • Credit Union LOC: $1000

Looking at Credit Sesame, I see that every month betwene the 1st and the 3rd my LOC updates on my credit report.  My Cap 1 card updates on the 4th or the 5th every month. Last month I paid both of these before my statemets cut to bring my overall utilization down to ~4%.

As of yesterday, Cap 1 has updated according to Credit Karma, Score Watch and MyFico's Experian report.  My LOC, however, keeps showing as maxed out.  I want to apply for Amex BCP, but I don't want a maxed LOC and 20% overall utilization reflected in my score.

Is this typical, or am I right to think it's odd that my LOC hasn't reported yet?  I've only been paying attention to this stuff for the last month or so, so I don't know if this kind of thing is unusual or not.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I being impatient, or is something amiss?

When is your statement date?

Message 2 of 6
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

When is your statement date?

The statement date for the LOC was 6/30, and my payment posted on 6/14, so quite a bit in advance.

For my Cap 1 card, the statement date was the 2nd, and that payment has already showed up on all three credit reports.

Message 3 of 6
flan
Regular Contributor

Did you pay it to zero?  It's quite possible they don't report zero balances.  (The system I used to work on didn't, which was left over from when they were reporting on tape, and not having an account on the tape increased the chances it fit on one tape.)  Call the lender and ask.  They may be able and willing to do a mid cycle re-report, or at least be sure that it gets reported next month. 

Message 4 of 6
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@flan wrote:

Did you pay it to zero?  It's quite possible they don't report zero balances.  (The system I used to work on didn't, which was left over from when they were reporting on tape, and not having an account on the tape increased the chances it fit on one tape.)  Call the lender and ask.  They may be able and willing to do a mid cycle re-report, or at least be sure that it gets reported next month. 

Smiley Mad

I called earlier today and asked if they had already reported for the month.  The rep I spoke to said that they had reported my balance for the month.  I assumed he had a way to know this, but now that I think about it, he was probably speaking generically.  I didn't think to ask specifically whether or not a $0 balance would get reported.  It seems like quite a penalty not to report when a customr pays down to $0.  I get the cost argument, but we're decades removed from tape.

Message 5 of 6
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Turns out I was being impatient.  Today my credit union reported a $0 balance.  Life is good!  I'm tempted to go on a spree.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.