cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
soaring

American Express

In light of recent turmoil in at american express does anybody know what fico scores are required to get an Amex card.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express

I'd guess 700s, but keep in mind that Amex uses their own internal scoring system. Sites like whogavemecredit.com maybe a good indicator of who is being approved and at what score.
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I recently added a Blue to my Gold (which I later canceled.) EX 731 (which they pulled) --> $2500 CL and 6-month 0% APR.

Frankly, if you're new to them, I wouldn't fool with them at the moment. Wait until they get through all their conniption fits and decide what kind of CCC they want to be.

I only got the Blue because I didn't want to pay the $145 annual fee for the Gold, and the Blue should report with last year's opening date, saving me the new account ding. I'm using it for my monthly Verizon bill, and that's pretty much it.

One day they'll pull themselves back together again, and then we can all decide if we want to do business with them. But for now, they're just too dang spooky to mess with for most folks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got my PLUM card few days ago. I think my scores were around 685 on EX.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.