Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Honda--Goodwill Letter

tag
vaupinya1
Established Member

American Honda--Goodwill Letter

American Honda list 3 late payments from 2002, should I send a goodwill letter or are these late really not making a difference at this point?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Re: American Honda--Goodwill Letter

Absolutely!

We had a similar situation on my wife's Civic and I actually called these folks on the phone.  They were very friendly and promptly took care of it.  In our case, this car loan was showing as an "Adverse Account" on our TU credit report, and there were only three lates (30-days each) dating back to the fall of 2004.

A couple of things in our favor:
  1. My wife's car is about 4 payments away from being paid off --- I used this as leverage.Smiley Happy
  2. My car (a 2005 Civic financed through them also) had no late payment on record -- and I used this as leverage too! Smiley Very Happy

Good luck my friend!

FICOnater2007

P.S. TU, EQ, and EX were all quick to remove the lates.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Honda--Goodwill Letter

FICOnater2007 wrote:
Absolutely!

We had a similar situation on my wife's Civic and I actually called these folks on the phone.  They were very friendly and promptly took care of it.  In our case, this car loan was showing as an "Adverse Account" on our TU credit report, and there were only three lates (30-days each) dating back to the fall of 2004.

I plan on contacting Honda for one item.  Is the best place to do so through the Irving, TX contact info? 

TIA,

Hank
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.