Did you mean: 

Amex Plus Score - population statistics

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Amex Plus Score - population statistics

From Amex:

The Percentile Value
Your percentile ranking is computed using a distribution of PLUS Scores based on over one million credit reports and reflecting the natural distribution of the US population. This provides an easy way for you to compare your credit rating to the rest of the U.S. population's. For example, if you rank in the 90th percentile, your credit rating is higher than 89 percent of the U.S. population.

Some statistics about the score distribution (percentiles):
  • 15% of the US population is below 575
  • 35% of the US population is below 675
  • 50% of the US population is below 724
  • 70% of the US population is below 757
  • 90% of the US population is below 778

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 04-07-2008 11:01 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Plus Score - population statostics

They have it all the way down to zip code-
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Plus Score - population statistics

This is a really interesting thread! Thanks you 2. Smiley Happy

M.V. that percentile ranking is consistent with how I stand in the food chain.

Timothy, GREAT website. Thanks. They have a section on how someone can bring their scores up. It is what is spoken here daily.

http://www.nationalscoreindex.com/ScoreNews_Archive_05B.aspx

Pasting that link would save a ton of typing when that all to frequently question is asked.
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

But the percentiles are for the PLUS score, not FICO's, right? I'd love to see the equivalent for FICO's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
But the percentiles are for the PLUS score, not FICO's, right? I'd love to see the equivalent for FICO's.

Well, comments from this site....

Since there is no single "score cutoff" used by all lenders, so it's difficult to say what a good FICO score is outside the context of a particular lending decision. For example, one auto lender may offer lower interest rates to people with FICO scores above 680 while another auto lender may use 720. Your lender may be able to give you guidance on their criteria for a given product.

Your FICO score gives you a good idea where you stand as compared to other U.S. consumers. When you purchase your FICO scores, you can see a chart displaying your FICO score and the percentage of U.S. consumers with a score lower than yours. However, a particular lending institution may consider different FICO score cut-offs and/or may take other factors into consideration outside of the FICO score.

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This does not appear to match the score distribution among myFICO Forums members! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

This does not appear to match the score distribution among myFICO Forums members! Smiley Tongue

We ain't normal Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.