Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An AU card with a balance

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

An AU card with a balance

DW has an AU card on one of her mother’s accounts. A peculiar thing about this AU card is that it shows up on EX only.

A few months ago when DW had no balance on any of her own cards, I wanted to verify whether the AU card impacts DW’s utilization. The EX 8 provided by her Amex card said "No recent revolving balances", so it doesn’t.

Yet a few days ago when the utilization of the AU card was at an unusual 17% and DW had a balance of $10 on a primary card, the same Amex said "Ratio of balance to limit on bank revolving or other rev accts is too high”.

Can FICO make up its mind whether the AU card’s balance matters or not?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: An AU card with a balance

@vanillabean wrote:

DW has an AU card on one of her mother’s accounts. A peculiar thing about this AU card is that it shows up on EX only.

A few months ago when DW had no balance on any of her own cards, I wanted to verify whether the AU card impacts DW’s utilization. The EX 8 provided by her Amex card said "No recent revolving balances", so it doesn’t.

Yet a few days ago when the utilization of the AU card was at an unusual 17% and DW had a balance of $10 on a primary card, the same Amex said "Ratio of balance to limit on bank revolving or other rev accts is too high”.

Can FICO make up its mind whether the AU card’s balance matters or not?

Strange.  What's the reason code Amex gives when we're just talking $10 on the primary card?

The default assumption is it would all count or none of it count, that's certainly the one I would operate on.  Wonder if you repeat the test of $0's except the AU if you still get the same result, maybe something in the tradeline changed so it counts now?  Who is the AU through?

I can't think of anything else really to try TBH.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem. I am an AU on my x wifes Dillards card and it has a balance of $1200.00 and the limit is $1800.00. She pays $10.00 per month and the UTI is 76% and they refuse to remove me. I have called Dillards and my x wife has and I never had a card. I have reported Experian and they tell me they have verified the account is mine and then I call Dilliards and they do not show me ever having a card and told me they have never recieved any transmission from Experian.  I am LIVID at this situation,, any suggestions ? How do I go about suing Experian for this?

Message 3 of 5
newhis
Valued Contributor

Amex EX score for my DD say:

1) Lack of recent revolving account information

Your FICO® Score evaluates your mix of credit products, and your credit report shows no open revolving accounts or sufficient recent information about your revolving accounts. People who demonstrate responsible use of different types of credit are generally less risky to lenders.

She has 1 Amex account and several AU cards. She uses the Amex card a little and some of the AU have activity.

Maybe Amex reasons are not right.
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@newhis wrote:

Amex EX score for my DD say:

1) Lack of recent revolving account information

Your FICO® Score evaluates your mix of credit products, and your credit report shows no open revolving accounts or sufficient recent information about your revolving accounts. People who demonstrate responsible use of different types of credit are generally less risky to lenders.

She has 1 Amex account and several AU cards. She uses the Amex card a little and some of the AU have activity.

Maybe Amex reasons are not right.

Hrm, NFCU's were squirrley too recently.

Has always been spot on match (with translation of course) with MF for me:

1) Derogatory public record or collection filed  (self explanatory haha)

2) Length of time accounts have been established (= Short Credit HIstory in MF's interface).

And those are the two I see if I look at any recent Experian report from MF.  This was from a 2 week ago Amex pull in my case.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.