Established Member
checkach

An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator

Lately I have accummulated quite a bit of credit card debt, and now it's time to pay up.  My score is currently 689, (down from 739) partly because of high utilization.  The FICO score simulator estimated that if I pay off all my revolving credit, my score would rise to 699-739.  So I paid all of my cc debt (still have an auto loan and a heloc) down to zero.  Let's see if score simulator is right.  Here are the (former) balances and the credit limits.

Orchard Bank CC  BAL - 839/ LIM 900

US Bank CC  BAL 4041 / CL 4500

Citibank CC BAL 7369 / LIM 10000

Amazon CC  BAL 1700 / LIM 2200

I wonder how long it will take.

Established Member
teachag89

Re: An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator

You should have an answer after each of those accounts reports (a day or two after the statement closing date).  I would like to know what your results are, also.  Wishing you the best- good luck!

Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Im curious as well to how accurate the simulator is... Please keep ut posted :smileyhappy: i would expect a significant increase since those ccs u paid off were showing high util that has now gone to zero. Great job :smileyhappy:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
pizzadude

Moved to understanding FICO scoring.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
imovinup

IM curious also , it gives such a broad range its sometimes almost like a huge guesstimate

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 7/02/13 TU 643; EQ 651; EX PLUS 665; EX FICO 613
Goal Score: 700

Established Member
bfranklin825

I would love to know how correct that simulator is. If it is actually close I might tailor my plan to it :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
checkach

Well, payments posted to all credit card accounts by the end of June, but not a single one has reported to the credit bureaus yet, not even the ones with a statement due date between the payment and now.  I really want to refinance before the rates go up any further.  Will the rapid rescore work if the credit card companies haven't reported yet?  Does the rapid rescore seek the latest balances, or just take what is currently on the report and recalculate the score?

I wish I was a more patient person...

Established Member
checkach

Re: An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator - Update

[ Edited ]
I finally let the lender pull my score, and even though statement dates passed, the original balances were still reporting. After a rapid rescore, here is where I am:

My fico EX 706
Lender pull fico EQ 734

Hmmmmm

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}