Message 11 of 18
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Re: Annualcreditreport.com EX versus FICO EX

@thom02099 wrote:

@Slab wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@Slab wrote:

Okay, so what version of Experian does annualcreditreport.com use? My annualcreditreport.com is nothing like the FICO EX sold here. 

It's a FAKO score, not a FICO score.   You can't correlate it to FICO.

I'm not as concerned as much about scores as I am about the report. My Experian credit report by annualcreditreport.com is nothing similar to my Experian credit report by My FICO that I pulled from this site. Politics and the disdain that many have for our government aside,(not sure what this has to do with it) shouldn't the annual credit report be more accurate than the FICO report? As things stand now, I am unable to dispute the negative items on my FICO report from Experian because those items are not on my Experian report from annualcreditreport.com (Of course you can dispute them, why would you not be able to?  Just go to the Experian website at this link    https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDIRESELLER&rid=R045    to dispute what is actually on the Experian report.        . Since this forum is sponsored or related to My FICO am I getting advice skewed in My FICOs favor? NO It is not my goal to smear My FICO in comparing these two reports. Shoot, I have invested and trust My FICO to the tune of about $1600 in the last 3 years. Maybe I am not making myself clear and if I'm not I would love to PM with someone about this. If we could talk on the phone for a few minutes, that would be great. Thanks everyone.

Keep in mind that annualcreditreport.com is a snapshot of your Experian report ONCE A YEAR at a particular point in time.  It's not going to change until 12 months is up and you look at it again.  Your Experian report from here, also a snatpshot of your report, is for that particular moment in time when you request it, which may be a different date/time, unless you did both reports exactly at the same time/date. You can of course request multiple EX reports and they will likely change from one report to another.  And even then, there's the different scoring models being used.  EX08 is the model used here, the latest and greatest version.  annualcreditreport.com may be using the EX04 version, which is far more common.  And there will be differences. 

Thanks thom02099. The link you posted led to the exact page that i filled out about 3 weeks ago. After confirming my information, I got the "call this number we can't display your report online for you". I called the number, jumped through some hoops and eventually got to an automated system that said I would receive my report within 30 days. I received my report this Monday and it has 3 accounts on it and 4 inquiries, this last being AMEX that approved me about 6 5 weeks ago. AMEX had listed a score of 784 that read FICO Experian. This info was sent with my card. 

One has to have their report to file a dispute and there is nothing on my report to dispute. 

I have purchased My FICO Experian 6 weeks ago and today and FICO shows me with 17 accounts and zero inquiries. The EX FICO report shows the same accounts that FICO has for EQ and TU with the exception of 2 baddies that have been removed from my EQ and TU. If I try to follow the dispute link, I am taken right back to the same page that I filled out for Experian to send my credit report to me so that I can dispute the 2 baddies that FICO Experian shows that I have. I can't dispute through FICO and Experian annualcreditreport.com shows nothing that I can dispute because the report is nothing like my FICO Experian report. 

I live in Texas and Experian seems to not be reported on around here although, some lenders pull Experian and the report does not show enough for the lender to make a determination so, the lender ends up pulling one of the other CRAs. AMEX went ahead and gave me 8k with the limited info that Experian presented. I just pulled my EQ and TU and they do not show a pull by AMEX from either of those CRAs. 

Were you able to follow this or was I not clear enough? This is one goofy mess but I figure if AMEX is the only lender that I have that uses the limited info on my Experian from annualcredit reports.com, I might as well leave everything alone. What do you think?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 12 of 18
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Slab wrote:

Yes, I realize all of the EX scores that I have posted are so called FAKOs but the AMEX score states that it is a FICO. I live in TX so EX is not used much here. My annualcredit report.com shows me having a total of 3 accounts with 4 hard pulls, the last being when I applied for AMEX. My FICO EX shows that I have 16 accounts and zero hard pulls. It doesn't even have the AMEX pull which was a hard pull. The My Fico score which I purchased on this site also shows 2 bad debts that have fallen off my EQ and TU. So, my delima is, how would I dispute the 2 baddies on My FICO EX when my annualcredit report.com EX does not show them. Is there more than one version of My FICO scores? I have pulled My Fico scores from this site 79 times in the last 3 years. I do know that the FAKO reports and scores are for educational purposes and I treat them as such. That being said, the FICO EX score that AMEX pulled is nowhere in the ballpark of the My FICO score that is sold here. I know that My FICO EX score has not been for sale on this site until recently and I have paid $19.95 plus tax 3 times in the last 6 weeks. As I previously stated, I have nothing but good things to say about My FICO when it comes to my EQ and TU credit scores and reports but the My FICO scores and reports have me stumped. One of my concerns is that when I am eligible to request the 3X CLI from AMEX that it will be based on the version that they pulled when they approved my application. Thank you for the response and hopefully I have clarrified to you what my concerns are. You folks have been very generous with your credit wisdom and I have tremendous respect for that widom. hopefully you can steer me in the right direction. I also subscribe to Equifax complete priemer which I know is also educational but it is in line with my FICO EQ report with a 17 point variance at this time but the report is exactly what is shown on My FICO EQ report and scores. I spend a lot of money on various monitoring services so that I can keep a handle on what is happening in my credit world. I am 63 years old and have been through the ups and downs over the years and I am too old to mess my credit up again. 

I re-read this.  And it's 2 different disputes, if you want to dispute information.  You can dispute the 2 baddies info on the MyFICO EX report from within the report generated; has nothing to do with annualcreditreport.com and what they do/don't show that agrees with that.  Or you can go to this link https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDIRESELLER&rid=R045

From annualcreditreport.com website, to dispute information on your report, you'd need to go directly to the website of the credit reporting agency, ie, Experian.  https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/helpcu

Message 13 of 18
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Slab wrote:

Yes, I realize all of the EX scores that I have posted are so called FAKOs but the AMEX score states that it is a FICO. I live in TX so EX is not used much here. My annualcredit report.com shows me having a total of 3 accounts with 4 hard pulls, the last being when I applied for AMEX. My FICO EX shows that I have 16 accounts and zero hard pulls. It doesn't even have the AMEX pull which was a hard pull. The My Fico score which I purchased on this site also shows 2 bad debts that have fallen off my EQ and TU. So, my delima is, how would I dispute the 2 baddies on My FICO EX when my annualcredit report.com EX does not show them. Is there more than one version of My FICO scores? I have pulled My Fico scores from this site 79 times in the last 3 years. I do know that the FAKO reports and scores are for educational purposes and I treat them as such. That being said, the FICO EX score that AMEX pulled is nowhere in the ballpark of the My FICO score that is sold here. I know that My FICO EX score has not been for sale on this site until recently and I have paid $19.95 plus tax 3 times in the last 6 weeks. As I previously stated, I have nothing but good things to say about My FICO when it comes to my EQ and TU credit scores and reports but the My FICO scores and reports have me stumped. One of my concerns is that when I am eligible to request the 3X CLI from AMEX that it will be based on the version that they pulled when they approved my application. Thank you for the response and hopefully I have clarrified to you what my concerns are. You folks have been very generous with your credit wisdom and I have tremendous respect for that widom. hopefully you can steer me in the right direction. I also subscribe to Equifax complete priemer which I know is also educational but it is in line with my FICO EQ report with a 17 point variance at this time but the report is exactly what is shown on My FICO EQ report and scores. I spend a lot of money on various monitoring services so that I can keep a handle on what is happening in my credit world. I am 63 years old and have been through the ups and downs over the years and I am too old to mess my credit up again. 

I re-read this.  And it's 2 different disputes, if you want to dispute information.  You can dispute the 2 baddies info on the MyFICO EX report from within the report generated; has nothing to do with annualcreditreport.com and what they do/don't show that agrees with that.  Or you can go to this link https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDIRESELLER&rid=R045

From annualcreditreport.com website, to dispute information on your report, you'd need to go directly to the website of the credit reporting agency, ie, Experian.  https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/helpcu

I have gone through both of those links and that is the reason that I am faced with this situation.

Message 14 of 18
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Slab wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@Slab wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@Slab wrote:

Okay, so what version of Experian does annualcreditreport.com use? My annualcreditreport.com is nothing like the FICO EX sold here. 

I'm not as concerned as much about scores as I am about the report. My Experian credit report by annualcreditreport.com is nothing similar to my Experian credit report by My FICO that I pulled from this site. Politics and the disdain that many have for our government aside,(not sure what this has to do with it) shouldn't the annual credit report be more accurate than the FICO report? As things stand now, I am unable to dispute the negative items on my FICO report from Experian because those items are not on my Experian report from annualcreditreport.com (Of course you can dispute them, why would you not be able to?  Just go to the Experian website at this link    https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDIRESELLER&rid=R045    to dispute what is actually on the Experian report.        . Since this forum is sponsored or related to My FICO am I getting advice skewed in My FICOs favor? NO It is not my goal to smear My FICO in comparing these two reports. Shoot, I have invested and trust My FICO to the tune of about $1600 in the last 3 years. Maybe I am not making myself clear and if I'm not I would love to PM with someone about this. If we could talk on the phone for a few minutes, that would be great. Thanks everyone.

Keep in mind that annualcreditreport.com is a snapshot of your Experian report ONCE A YEAR at a particular point in time.  It's not going to change until 12 months is up and you look at it again.  Your Experian report from here, also a snatpshot of your report, is for that particular moment in time when you request it, which may be a different date/time, unless you did both reports exactly at the same time/date. You can of course request multiple EX reports and they will likely change from one report to another.  And even then, there's the different scoring models being used.  EX08 is the model used here, the latest and greatest version.  annualcreditreport.com may be using the EX04 version, which is far more common.  And there will be differences. 

Thanks thom02099. The link you posted led to the exact page that i filled out about 3 weeks ago. After confirming my information, I got the "call this number we can't display your report online for you". I called the number, jumped through some hoops and eventually got to an automated system that said I would receive my report within 30 days. I received my report this Monday and it has 3 accounts on it and 4 inquiries, this last being AMEX that approved me about 6 5 weeks ago. AMEX had listed a score of 784 that read FICO Experian. This info was sent with my card. 

One has to have their report to file a dispute and there is nothing on my report to dispute. 

I have purchased My FICO Experian 6 weeks ago and today and FICO shows me with 17 accounts and zero inquiries. The EX FICO report shows the same accounts that FICO has for EQ and TU with the exception of 2 baddies that have been removed from my EQ and TU. If I try to follow the dispute link, I am taken right back to the same page that I filled out for Experian to send my credit report to me so that I can dispute the 2 baddies that FICO Experian shows that I have. I can't dispute through FICO and Experian annualcreditreport.com shows nothing that I can dispute because the report is nothing like my FICO Experian report. 

I live in Texas and Experian seems to not be reported on around here although, some lenders pull Experian and the report does not show enough for the lender to make a determination so, the lender ends up pulling one of the other CRAs. AMEX went ahead and gave me 8k with the limited info that Experian presented. I just pulled my EQ and TU and they do not show a pull by AMEX from either of those CRAs. 

Were you able to follow this or was I not clear enough? This is one goofy mess but I figure if AMEX is the only lender that I have that uses the limited info on my Experian from annualcredit reports.com, I might as well leave everything alone. What do you think?

You mention getting an AMEX with an $8K limit.  Do you have another AMEX account, prior to this one?

If you're getting the credit you want, and EX is not used much where you are, might be worthwhile to leave it alone!  As you've probably read, anything related to AMEX and EX and the wonderful world of applications...don't necessarily follow the "rules" that the others play by !Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 18
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Thanks thom02099. No, I don't have any other accounts from AMEX, in fact I thought I was blacklisted. You are definitly right, some things are better left alone and I would have if I had not bought the FICO EX and I got to wondering what was going on. I will keep buying FICO EQ and TU and leave EX alone. Anyhow, at least you understood my concern and I appreciate your input. I haven't ever typed this much. My stress is put away.

Message 16 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Slab wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@Slab wrote:

Keep in mind that annualcreditreport.com is a snapshot of your Experian report ONCE A YEAR at a particular point in time.  It's not going to change until 12 months is up and you look at it again.  Your Experian report from here, also a snatpshot of your report, is for that particular moment in time when you request it, which may be a different date/time, unless you did both reports exactly at the same time/date. You can of course request multiple EX reports and they will likely change from one report to another.  And even then, there's the different scoring models being used.  EX08 is the model used here, the latest and greatest version. **  annualcreditreport.com may be using the EX04 version,(for the report only-score is a FAKO)  which is far more common.  And there will be differences. 

That is absolutely incorrect.  Your report from them is directly from the CRAs so it changes all the time.  You can only get a free copy from annualcreditreport.com once a year unless you are denied for credit or other reasons, depending on your state.  If you are,  you are allowed another report from them and it will be different, if things have changed. 

Yes, the reports from annualcreditreport.com are more accurate and detailed than the ones from myFICO.

** Not sure what you mean by this.

Message 17 of 18
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guiness56. I am at peace now. Some things are better left alone once we get to a certain point.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.