cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Credit Karma post

tag
dihydrogen

Another Credit Karma post

My Credit Karama score is 774 (08/11/10).

Hmm... check my signature! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another Credit Karma post

Bad karma, huh? Smiley Wink

TU FAKO's (which is what CK is) always underestimated my FICO's, although it's different for others.

Congrats on the real things!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful FICO scores!  Nice!

Message 3 of 8
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

I have always used credit karma  to check on whether info has made its way to transunion.  The score itself is often quite diffetnt than any TU FICO but that raw data about total debt by category is generally right on.

Message 4 of 8
DaveinSC
Contributor

My score on Credit Karma was a little lower than my official FICO scores....to the tune of 20-25 points. I wasn't worried about that, but wondering why this may be.

My EQ score is 795 and TU is 801..and my CKarma FAKO shows up as a 776, which leads me to think, "WTF"??

Again, not as much worried as curious.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 5 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@DaveinSC wrote:

My score on Credit Karma was a little lower than my official FICO scores....to the tune of 20-25 points.

The CK scores for DW and me are about three times as much lower. I totally ignore them.

And this morning I realized they don't round up their utilization percentages. Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DaveinSC wrote:

My score on Credit Karma was a little lower than my official FICO scores....to the tune of 20-25 points. I wasn't worried about that, but wondering why this may be.

My EQ score is 795 and TU is 801..and my CKarma FAKO shows up as a 776, which leads me to think, "WTF"??

Again, not as much worried as curious.

Your CreditKarma FAKO's, along with PLUS scores, Vantage scores, and all the other FAKO's, are different from FICO's because they result from different score formulas.

It's like using two different recipes for apple pie. One doubles the cinnamon, another says to bake the crust first, the first says use 5 Granny Smith apples, the other says use 8. The resulting pies might both be delicious (or burned to a crisp, depending on your oven, of course Smiley Wink), but they won't taste the same.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

"If only life were as easy as pie." Waitress (2007). Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.