Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice appreciated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any advice appreciated

Thank you for the info. I will check into that tomorrow.

Message 11 of 15
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

I just read in the other forum that you *might* be able to take the route of getting a letter from the state to send to the CRA if it's a 3rd party reporting.

I have a tax lien on my report that was filed in error, and "discharged". Well, the lovely 175 year old woman at the records office informs me that someone comes and reads the book, and it's in the book so it's being reported.

I thought she was nuts, but turns out there are actually 3rd party companies who provide this information to the CRA's.

I plan on calling the state IRS today to try to get a copy of a letter that the original lien was filed in error, and sending it to the CRA's for deletion.

Good luck!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you are having the same issue as me. I spent hours this morning calling a hundred different people, all who told me that there was no lien filed. Finally contacted the clerk of courts, gave them the book and page number that was reported on the credit report and she states that it is the Ga Dept of Revenue. I contacted them and they stated that I have never owed the state of GA taxes (which I already knew!) So, the rep there is emailing me a letter stating that I have never owed taxes to the state and I have requested a certified copy of the lien from the clerk of court. When I spoke with the clerk of court representative she told me that the lien was discharged and paid in 2007. Problem with that is that I never paid anything as I never owed anything!

So where do I go from here? Do I submit both forms to the bureus and let them take it from there, or am I chasing a dead end road on this one?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I am new to this forum, and I am also in the process of repairing my credit.

I don't have much advice to offer since I am in the rebuilding stage myself but for what its worth, here are a few things of note.

After going through a divorce, I finally looked at my Credit Report for the fist time in 8 years for the pupose of re establishing my credit.

So I opened a new account at Chase and was hoping to get an auto loan and apply for a credit card.... DENIED!!!

I explained to them my credit situation and the idiots encouraged me to apply anyway.

So after that embarressment I finally looked at my credit report ..... 2/2012: EQ - 589    EX - 601   TU - 612 .

I was told I was denied credit because I had 3 past bad accounts and a lack of revolving credit.

So after that embarressment, I took matters into my own hands and educate myself on the process.

1. I looked at my credit report and disputed  a couple of old accounts that should have been off

2. Next I opened 3 Capital One secured credit card accounts to establish revolving credit accounts

3. I made sure to keep my debt to credit ratio under 35%. (Keeping unused availble credit @ 75% is a key goal that raises your score)

These are my current scores as of 4/24/2012:  EQ - 600    EX - 713   TU - 702.

(My EX and TU scores increased over 100 points in 2 months my EX score is still lagging)

my limited advice to you would be to:

1. " Dispute" any charges you feel are unjust and any charge you dispute, will come off your account automaticlly if there is no response from the creditor .

2. Open 3 secured credit accounts from Captial One.

3. Keep your balance low and your avaible credit high as this will increase your score. (Target 75% avaible credit).

The way I see it, this is the "Game of Life", and our goal  should be to learn the rules of the game and master the game, while having fun doing it.

I am only 2 months into the restoration process, so its a long journey to 800 FICO and I am only in the 1st inning of a 9 inning game.

As a newly enlightened FICO Fighter!.. I hope I have offered you some advice that you can use.

Good Luck! 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like we are in the same boat! I am working hard at getting those numbers restored. It does seem to be a long and diffficult and very confusing road ahead but at least we are making that step!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.