Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice is appreciated on helping my scores

tag
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Any advice is appreciated on helping my scores

Capital One MasterCard/ Open in 2008/ $3,000 limit/ In Good Standing/ Balance: $471.56

Banana Republic Visa/ Open in 2012/ $4,000 limit/ In Good Standing/Balance: $576.50

Macys Store Card/ Open in 2011/ $1,800 limit/ In Good Standing/Balance: $0

Limited Store Card/ Open in 2008/ $1,000 limit/ In Good Standing/Balance: $40.00

Best Buy Store Card/ Open in 2010, $1,800 limit/ 1-30day Late in December 2012/ Closed-Bought by another lender. What can I do from here?

I have two baddies on my report thus far:

CONSUMER COLLECTION MANA: $161/ THIS BILL IS FROM MY DOCTORS OFFICE. PLACED IN COLLECTIONS IN 2013.

I called there financial office and they said the bill had two additional charges of $25 each. The amount that was sent to collections apparently was just not sent my insurance company.( WTH) So they pulled the $161 bill and rebilled it to my insurance company but the additional $50 would still be in collections, so I paid the OC the $50.

CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING: $560/ THIS BILL IS FROM A DIRECT TV ACCOUNT PLACED IN COLLECTIONS IN 2013 Honestly I'm holding my ground with this account and I don't want to pay it. They broke the contract with me and when I went to the BBB, they proclaimed I didn't want there assistance with the issues with my account.(BIGGER WTH) Also the late from Best Buy in 2012. Otherwise I have 1 hard inquiry left and I don't actually know what my scores are. What now?

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Any advice is appreciated on helping my scores

I would suggest trying to find a way to put your derogatories behind you, even if you think the other party is at fault.

Payment history (derogatories) and utilization are around 2/3 of your score.

Message 2 of 5
dho
Valued Member

Yup work on deletion letters for baddies
Have you requested a cli on any credit card? Do any of these cards offer fico scores

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 712

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@dho wrote:
Yup work on deletion letters for baddies
Have you requested a cli on any credit card? Do any of these cards offer fico scores

Had a increase for Macys last week of $800 to make my new limit $1800 and now I'm in a manual review for a increase on my Capital One.

As of last week the bill for the doctors office of $161 should've been pulled off my report since they rebilled it to my insurance. The $50 in additional fees never appeared on my credit report.

Message 4 of 5
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Capital One just gave me a $1,000 increase on my card today. I'm doing okay for someone who's last credit score pull was 656 from TU. That is the only score I have that I believe is reliable otherwise I have no idea and I'm sure these 2 increase from Macy's and Capital One are helpful to my score. I am also in pursuit of getting my 30 day late removed off of my Best Buy account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.