Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any boost for 5 yrs anniversaries??

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Any boost for 5 yrs anniversaries??

Aside from AAoA improving, is there a any boost specifically for account birthdays?? 

I know through the years I've read a bunch of posts on this forum about anniversary/birthday points,  but naturally now that I'm searching posts for the answer I can't find what I'm looking for!

In addition to 1 acct turning 1 yr old next month, I have 3 accounts that turn 5 years old then also. 

With 1 yr anniversaries I've seen a few points, so am just wondering if maybe I could expect a few for the 5 yr dates as well???

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: Any boost for 5 yrs anniversaries??

anybody??

Message 2 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You might. I find as time goes along I know less now than I did 3 years ago. My EQ has round tripped from 795-775 and back the past 6 months for reasons I do not understand.

Message 3 of 6
rom828
Established Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

You might. I find as time goes along I know less now than I did 3 years ago. My EQ has round tripped from 795-775 and back the past 6 months for reasons I do not understand.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smiley Very Happy  I hear ya!  Just when ya think you've got it all figured out......

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get any points from the 5 yr mark....IF it can be determined that the points came...or were lost (please NO!!) by a particular event.....like your situation! 

I gotta say though,  smallfry, I'm a little envious that your 'low' is  775.  Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
Established Contributor

I can't really answer your current question. I do believe that achieving 5 years of average age might possibly be some sort help for you. I really am pretty sure that 5 yrs of average age was a factor in achieving my 800 FICO score for the first time. You can read my post at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/I-don-t-want-to-kill-AAoA-of-7-years/m-p/...

Edited to add... In case anyone is interested in additional data points,

I don't believe that increased AOA over 5 years has hurt me since my score seems to have topped out at 810 over the last year and showed no decline except for when occasional $10,000 + monthly (PIFFED) balances reported.

My conclusion therefore is that 5yrs AOA might be a threshold of some sort but it is probably not a bucket that is more desirable than having higher AOAs.

Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smiley Very Happy  I hear ya!  Just when ya think you've got it all figured out......

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get any points from the 5 yr mark....IF it can be determined that the points came...or were lost (please NO!!) by a particular event.....like your situation! 

I gotta say though,  smallfry, I'm a little envious that your 'low' is  775.  Smiley Tongue

That 775 hasn't put any money in my bank account.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.