cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any datapoints on AoYA crossing 1 year?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any datapoints on AoYA crossing 1 year?

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed that it is definitely hard to test.

I just had an inquiry completely come off this past week (2 years) and none of my FICO 08's went up.  It was a Capital One inquiry so it impacted all 3B.  I don't think I considered it at the 1 year mark last year (I hadn't found this forum yet) so I have no idea if my scores increased at all at that time.

If I can garden another 3 months I'll have inquiries dropping off of all 3 bureaus from my mini-spree last summer, so I'll be able to verify some data on this subject.

Yeah, doesn't count at all beyond a year as you know on any model actually not just FICO 8.

How many scoreable inquiries do you have on each bureau currently?  With your CCT trick maybe you can catch a breakpoint of two depending how many landed on each bureau, definitely looking forward to seeing that if you can.  Inquiries don't count linearly, vis a vis there's no difference between 3 and 5 for me at least on EQ FICO 5, there is a difference between 2 and 3, or 2 and 5 though, so if you don't have enough coming off to change might not work.

I'll take a look at my own inquiry patterns, TU doesn't have enough to play with, EQ I can go from 4 to 0 with at least one breakpoint in there, not sure if I can get a second as my last two are spaced really closely together (like 5 days apart, guess I can make a EQ 1B pull or similar to try to catch it).  EX I might have a better shot on, 5 total inquiries in there but my lates and my tax lien both go away this year, so I may shift enough to make it untrackable... might be able to get EE sooner rather than later and get it airstruck early enough to not impact the inquiries as much, though the lates coming off 8/17 and 9/17 might still make it a non-starter.

File just isn't in a good place to really test right now, for all that this year is going to be a very good one for me credit wise.

        
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scoreable inquries per bureau currently for me are 2 on EX, 1 on TU and 1 on EQ.  All of them reach the 1 year mark on 6/21/17 or 6/22/17.  The 2 on EX are 1 day apart so it would take some really good timing to grab my scores when 1 reaches a year then again the following day when the second reaches a year. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - Today 03/30 the 1 hard inquiry for TU was due to hit the 1 year mark.  my TU score was 809 since at least March 26.  I was expecting this score to jump 4-8 points due to the hard inquiry not being included in the FICO scoring anymore - well - my score jumped from 809 to 813 TODAY for TU - up 4 points just as i expected.  I do believe that what I have written above to be the cause of this jump - hard inquiries not being included in FICO scoring and not the 1 year anniversary.  

• I base this on what i saw when i ordered my reports on 27th and 28th.  EX and EQ both jumped nicely when EX had 3 hard inquiries no longer included and EQ had 2 hard inquiries no longer included.
  • When same reports were ordered TU did not have hard inquiries due to fall off until the 30th (1 year mark) - and correspondingly the TU 809 FICO score was the same until today when 1 hard inquiry was due to not be included in the FICO scoring
  • With the TU score of 809 being the same on 26th, 27th, 28th when 1 year anniversary of 3 tradelines occuring during those days didnt raise the TU score, i can only assume that the 1 year anniversary had/has NO affect on scoring for my profile.
  • i checked my previously order reports on 27th and 28th with todays for TU and there were no changes to credit cards, mortgages or student loan.  The ONLY change was the hard inquiry 1 year drop from FICO scoring
  • nice bumps in FICO score occured for each bureau on the exact dates the hard inquiry hit the 1 year mark.  for me thats a little too coincidental to be discarded as the reasons for the bump in scores.

Hope this helps yall.  

I have read alot on these forums about the hard inquiry and how you usually get your points you got hit with, back in 3 to 6 months.  I kinda take that with a grain of salt because logically to me - it has more to do with the aging of your entire bureau credit profile.  Over 3 to 6 months having your scores rise 3-5 points (which you might have been hit with for the hard inquiry) is just due to the aging process of your profile - giving the appearance your getting points back from hard inquiry.  Who knows what the algorithm for FICO does on this stuff, but, for me after ordering 4 "3 bureau reports" over the last 5 days has proven to me that when a hard inquiry reaches the 1 year mark, I should expect about 4-5 point bump for each inquiry and has nothing to do with a tradeline reaching a 1 year anniversary.  

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great data above, thanks for sharing it!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.