cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any points for AAoA hitting 5 year mark?

tag
jeannieavc
New Contributor

Any points for AAoA hitting 5 year mark?

Anyone know if I should expect an increase in points once AAoA reaches the 5 year mark? (Can you tell that I'm desperate for some points?)Smiley Happy

How about when 60 or 90 day late hits 5 year mark?

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Any points for AAoA hitting 5 year mark?

I got somewhere around 10 points on EQ when I hit 5 years AAoA this month. That was with 21 years on longest, and I think I'd been dinged for having such a contrast between the two.

In other words, it varies, like everything else around here.

Your 60 is scored like a 30 after 2 years, so it's not huring that much. But the 90 has you in one of the two negative score buckets (serious derogatory), and that might dampen the effect of hitting 5 years. Or who knows? you might get even more points.

However, any time a negative gets another year older, that's good. Whether that alone will result in a score increase, I dunno. I think everyone's situations are just too variable to be able to make an across-the-board prediction.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
jeannieavc
New Contributor

thanks hauling.  I'm new to the credit game but have learned SO much from this forum.

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got no bump when TU reached 5 in July. YMMV.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.