cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone dirty on one bureau but clean on another?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone dirty on one bureau but clean on another?

@Revelate wrote:

You haven't been around long enough bud Smiley Happy.

It doesn't happen often (and it shouldn't with FICO's design) but think the largest I saw was 36 points here on the forum. 

Anecdotally my FICO 04 models were >30 points away from each other, my FICO 08's think the greatest differential was 23 points between EX/EQ though now they're pretty similar.

Well, I suppose I matched that outlier example with a 36 point differential between my EX and EQ scores.

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not clean on any of them, but on ex/eq there are 9 defaulted loan collections that shouldn't be there. They are all 0 balance, but there should only be 4. None of them are on TU.

Dirty on all three is a few lates on student loans that came out of forbearance while I was moving a couple of years ago.

--- EQ Bankcard 8 is 611; TU is 678

I WIN

Message 22 of 39
DollyLama
Established Contributor

I had this bookmarked, waiting to be clean on TU report. I had paid a collection for delete end of March, said reports on 15th, so I waited, I did get an alert of a TU for 40pts on 5/20 but my monthly 3B reports are pulled on the 23rd, it was on April and May's reports. Pulled my reports today-it's gone! No score increase on FiCO 8 since last months reports, but my mortgage score went from 698 to 739 for TU. 41 points! 

My EQ, and EX are still dirty, with one (the same collection on each of $34), the mortgage scores, nor FICO budged. Only thing I am still working on is AZEO, I'm under 8% overall but not on all cards.

Message 23 of 39
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

My TU is clean. FICO 8 is 757. Ex and Eq have a BK still. Scores are 673 & 666

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is the BK out of curiosity? 

Message 25 of 39
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Filed 6/11 and dc 9/16

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 26 of 39
Subexistence
Established Contributor

What causes you guys to become dirty? Is it because you didnt know enough about scores and didn't care to pay on time or you did care but you forgot payments.

Should I worry I might make lte payment. I have iOS notifications as well as google calendar to prevent this payment problem. You guys make baddies seems really terrifying. 

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had late payments on 4 accounts, all within about a year of one another.  I like to say that none of them were directly my fault, but obviously I need to take responsibility for them. 

Two of the accounts were ones I co-signed on.  For years, I wasn't the one making the payments.  One one of the accounts, the primary completely stopped paying it and never told me.  I didn't find out until the account was 120+ days late.  The other account, the primary missed a couple of random payments.  Since I wasn't tracking my credit at the time, I was unaware of these late payments until a year or two later.

The third account was an 18 month zero interest loan that I paid off in about half the time.  At least I thought I paid it off.  Evidently I shorted the final payoff amount by $2.93 and since I thought I paid off the account it went out of sight out of mind until months later when it was several months late and my credit scores dropped.  I only knew they dropped because I applied for an auto loan and saw that my score was a lot lower than it was a few years earlier for my previous loan.  This situation is what started me monitoring my credit reports.

The fourth account was my mortgage.  I double paid one month by accident, then called and asked them to apply my overpayment to the following month.  They didn't and applied the extra to principle instead.  The next month I didn't pay and the following month right around the time I paid I had a late payment reported from the previous month.  Fortunately the lender was cool about making good on this once I caught it and requested a GW adjustment.  The late payment was on my credit report for probably a year though first, as again I wasn't monitoring my reports and didn't know what negative items were reported.

Message 28 of 39
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Subexistence wrote:

What causes you guys to become dirty? Is it because you didnt know enough about scores and didn't care to pay on time or you did care but you forgot payments.

Should I worry I might make lte payment. I have iOS notifications as well as google calendar to prevent this payment problem. You guys make baddies seems really terrifying. 

Cali state tax lien which I didn't know about... my fault not theirs, didn't care about life enough at the time to open my mail let alone worry about such things like credit scores.

TU 30 day late, I went through a similar fugue period after my mortgage closed and my then current job went from bad to worse; just dumb and stupid and the phone call from the lender telling me I'd missed two payments was the wakeup call to quit my job and get me back on track.  It wouldn't have happened if this one lender supported autopay which I have on every other account other than my HOA that can't get out of their own way technically.

        
Message 29 of 39
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Ok so I guess the key to preventing baddies is to check everything every month right?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.