cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever called a bank to ask for missing closed loans to be reported to a CRA?

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Anyone ever called a bank to ask for missing closed loans to be reported to a CRA?

I was looking over my three reports the other day as I searched for ways to get more score increases and realized that all my loans with my local bank were on TU and EX but that FOUR of them were missing from EQ. They were all good loans with perfect payment histories. I went to the bank today to ask a guy I know in the lending dept. how it was that 4 of my 6 closed loans were missing from EQ and not the others. He seemed perplexed since it was all automated. He suggested I call EQ and find out and then let EQ contact them. I asked if he could look them up and see what's up with them. He said looking them up wouldn't be a problem but wasn't really sure how to go about "fixing" it since he's never had this kind of question from a customer before. He really was kind of at a loss for words.

Anyone ever try this angle before? I'm not even sure I would get much of a bump from it....if anything at all. Basicallly, the 4 loans are my 4 oldest at the bank from 2003-2005 with 100% perfect payment records. The ones EQ has are from 07 and 08....plus my two current open loans, which are on all three reports. I figure that it should help a little but I am not sure. The logic is that it would increase the number of good past accounts and that it would make my total account history "age" a little. 

Any thoughts?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone ever called a bank to ask for missing closed loans to be reported to a CRA?

Edited:  I re-read your post and realized what I wrote earlier was not useful.  The ones that are missing from 2003 -2005 when did you finish paying off the loan(s)?   I presume they were installment loans and not a credit card.. It is possible thye may be beyond the credit reporting time period.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone ever called a bank to ask for missing closed loans to be reported to a CRA?

Equifax tends to have their own way of doing things, usually not to your best interest.

Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

I've not done this, but go for it. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

If you do this, let us know what happens.Smiley WinkGood luck to you.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.