cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever had a Hard Pull Inquiry Removed from their credit report? If so I wanna know

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Anyone ever had a Hard Pull Inquiry Removed from their credit report? If so I wanna know

i think i am going to send the non pp letter to this bozo CA, United Recovery. They did so many pulls, try five and two actually affect my score

So what I would like to know :

1.  Has anyone ever sent a non pp letter to CA and had the inquries removed and if so

2.  What sort of score increase did you recieve for this? I have no idea but i am sure in order to do an accurate calculation, the removal would have to be isolated.

or if any MOD my know, how many points does it pull you down per CA inquiry?

Thanks in advance to everyone. I love this board. Wealth of information. Much better than any book out there!!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone ever had a Hard Pull Inquiry Removed from their credit report? If so I wanna know

IMO, if you are out of SOL, you have the $$$ to PIF, or you already dealt with this CA via DVs, etc., then there's nothing wrong with sending the non-PP letter. I think they have PP, but I think sending the letter anyway is a good idea. The only time I had that issue was with a CA that had no basis. They deleted in a hurry and removed their inquiry too without me asking.

I think that inquiry damage is WAY overrated. Speaking from experience, I have around 30 something now on EX with 19 from the past 12 months, about 3 on TU, and 20something on EQ with about 10 or so from the past 12 months. I'm a FICO junkie and I always pull my FICO report immediately prior to apping and immediately after just to see if there's a score change and to isolate any change to just the inquiry.

Going from 0 to 3 on TU produced no change in score. EX parted ways with FICO in February and my last 12 or so inquiries were prior to that and resulted in no score change. However, EQ did result in a small drop of 4points for one inquiry. It has been 6+ months since the prev. inquiry but the damage came from approx #21 or #22. Can't remember. This was last December.

In general, most damage occurs when you go from 0 to 1 and 1 to 2, and if your score reaches well into the 700s. Many post that their point loss per inquiry is this or that. Sometimes they base it on a SW alert. That's highly inaccurate. I once got a SW alert for a new inquiry and that my score increase 20 points. Well, the inquiry didn't cause the increase but rather I had a baddie fall of that resulted in the increase. Some have posted about a score decrease, but they are basing it on a score other than a FICO score. And some have posted a decrease of 15+ points, but didn't realize that the new associated account to that inquiry zapped the points out. The only way to accurately guage is to pull reports before and after. BTW, certainly not discounting the damage for some. I have seen some post with super high scores and have hits of 10+ points.

Message 2 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone ever had a Hard Pull Inquiry Removed from their credit report? If so I wanna know

Thanks Illecs.

The CA who did the five inquiries is not listed on my CR as a collection account. I am back with the OC making payments.  I did fall behind.  So I guess a CA can do an inquiry on you when I got behind. But that many? There has to be other limitations. 

I have had other CA's listed on my report, but ONCE. Not five times.

I am not out of SOL and I only talked to the company one time and I could tell he was looking at my credit report (being  a novice with this crap, i didn't think much of it) but he mentioned to me "well, you paid off $128K mortgage and another $50 K mortgage and loans totalling XXX". I never said anythign to him except I dont' deal with ca's and to not call me anymore. 

I feel this is abuse.  I will elt you know how he responded and if my score changes - up, down or nothing.

I need all the points i can get, so I will try everywhere that I believe has an impact....remember, I need to get my name on the mortgage and I will need to deal with ending my lease in Dec, so the score needs to go up up up. NOt sure if the history will be there by the EOY. I really kinda believe it's going to take me a good 24 months to get the score up. 

I will see what happens because I did send the non pp letter today via CMRR. 

oh, and I only WISH my score was in the 700 club. It's not. 

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Can it be that Discover removed a hard pull?

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is your basis for asserting lack or permissible purpose?

Do you have evidence that they are not an authorized debt collector for the debt? It is well established that certification of status as a debt collector is permissible purpose.

Inquiries must present a statement of permissible purpose to the CRA, which is basically a seft-certification.  If it meets one of the condititons of section 604, the CR is provided.  The CRAs dont have internal investigators who ferret out the honesty of certifictions.

If they have a certification in their files, they can legitimately rely upon it as basis for their providing the requested credit report.

To assert lack of permissible purpose puts the burden on the consumer, who in most cases has never even seen their submitted certification, to dispute it accuracy.

Additionally, inquiries for credit reports are specicially defined in the direct dispute rules to be excluded from the definition of a furnisher of information to a CRA.  Thus, they are exempt from the direct dispute process.  In disputes made via a CRA, they are only required to forward disputes to furnishers of the disputed information, so they have no requirement to even involve the inquiree in the dispute.  They can conclude their reinvestigation based simply on the stated certification of permissible purpose of record in their files. 

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

What is your basis for asserting lack or permissible purpose?

Do you have evidence that they are not an authorized debt collector for the debt? It is well established that certification of status as a debt collector is permissible purpose.

Inquiries must present a statement of permissible purpose to the CRA, which is basically a seft-certification.  If it meets one of the condititons of section 604, the CR is provided.  The CRAs dont have internal investigators who ferret out the honesty of certifictions.

If they have a certification in their files, they can legitimately rely upon it as basis for their providing the requested credit report.

To assert lack of permissible purpose puts the burden on the consumer, who in most cases has never even seen their submitted certification, to dispute it accuracy.

Additionally, inquiries for credit reports are specicially defined in the direct dispute rules to be excluded from the definition of a furnisher of information to a CRA.  Thus, they are exempt from the direct dispute process.  In disputes made via a CRA, they are only required to forward disputes to furnishers of the disputed information, so they have no requirement to even involve the inquiree in the dispute.  They can conclude their reinvestigation based simply on the stated certification of permissible purpose of record in their files. 

Hi Robert, this thread was bumped twice and is over 3 years old. FYI.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.