cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experienced this scoring phenomenon?

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Anyone experienced this scoring phenomenon?

Ok, I have scorewatch here on myFico... about an hour ago I pulled my EQ score and report because I succeeded in getting over half of my baddies removed this last week, and got some good accounts which were mistakenly disputed out of dispute and the dispute notations removed...My score two weeks ago 604, as of that report pull, 646!!!! Less than a year out of bk and thats awesome to me, especially when a year ago I was 450 ish.

Fifteen minutes ago I got a scorewatch email, I guess scorewatch caught up with my report and detected the changes... but it says my score is 623?

Two scores in the same hour, same product but 23 point difference!? Ummmm... why?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone experienced this scoring phenomenon?

Look at the score history. it shows changes in FICO score and (usually) associated report changes. To see the finest detail set your alert triggers to balance changes of less than $10.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 10
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

Look at the score history. it shows changes in FICO score and (usually) associated report changes. To see the finest detail set your alert triggers to balance changes of less than $10.

That's exactly how I have it set up... 

Both scores are from today, less than one hour apart, both equifax FICO scores, and 23 points different with no other changes.... I'm baffled

Message 3 of 10
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Jkrause702 wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

That's exactly how I have it set up... 

Both scores are from today, less than one hour apart, both equifax FICO scores, and 23 points different with no other changes.... I'm baffled

Were there alerts along with the score changes? If so the alerts will tell you what probably caused the score changes. If there were no alerts it would be something else that doesn't trigger alerts. For instance an account dropping off or a CA getting it's activity date updated.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 10
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

There were alerts, but none that were not already reflected on the report I pulled. That report shows higher score than the alert indicated... I have zero collections... so couldn't of been related to CAs

Message 5 of 10
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

its like the alerts weren't noticed till after i pulled my report. but why the score difference... the alert showed 623 after i pulled the report which was 646 a little bit before... and myfico says current score is 646... it can't decide whats right

Message 6 of 10
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Jkrause702 wrote:

its like the alerts weren't noticed till after i pulled my report. but why the score difference... the alert showed 623 after i pulled the report which was 646 a little bit before... and myfico says current score is 646... it can't decide whats right

Perhaps it was from changes in "dispute" status. That wouldn't show up as a trigger. Did you dispute any accounts with negatives?

Message 7 of 10
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

I had some disputes statuses removed on some positve accounts that were accidentally disputed. (eight year history no negative kind of accounts)

Message 8 of 10
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Jkrause702 wrote:

I had some disputes statuses removed on some positve accounts that were accidentally disputed. (eight year history no negative kind of accounts)

Did they have higher balances than other cards?  Could be some sort of odd affect on your utilization.

Message 9 of 10
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Significantly higher balances.. they are student loans in deferment.

What I don't understand is when they became disputed I got a score alert reflecting changes to the accounts about the dispute and my score dipped down to 570. I got that fixed and some baddies removed, pulled the report, it showed 646, then got an alert about the same things I was looking for in the report and it showed score of 623....

Overall my current score according to myfico is 646... as the report showed... its just interesting that an alert came AFTER reflecting a lower score than the full report without any other changes to my report occuring just minutes later... and myfico still indicates the higher score is the current one....

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.