cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know which CRA will not be using AU?

tag
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Anyone know which CRA will not be using AU?

"The next version is slated to roll out in September to one of the three main credit reporting agencies — Equifax Inc., Experian Information Solutions Inc. or TransUnion LLC — with the other two agencies receiving the new version some time in 2008."

The way I understand it is that only one of them will stop using AU in Sept and the other 2 sometime in 2008. Everyone has been making it sound like all 3 will stop this Sept. Which isn't true.

Anyone know which of the 3 will stop this Sept?
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know which CRA will not be using AU?

This subject was discussed in another thread and nobody knows at this time. Most people would wager that Equifax will be the September guinea pig, tho ...
Message 2 of 6
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I did a search for more info and found a few threads with a lot of posts but don't have much time to read every single post.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the discussion I remember was in the middle of a thread that might have been about a different subject, so it would have been hard to find.

Fair Isaac and the CRAs probably want to wait until August to announce details, otherwise there might be more panic as consumers (and possibly the credit rental organizations) try to purposely shuffle AUs to the two CRAs that will not use the formula until 2008.

Or it could be that there are some negotiations still going on, and perhaps the September CRA hasn't been determined yet. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, some are betting it will be EQ.  There are going to be a lot folks taking a hit.Smiley Sad  I hoped FICO would differentiate between true AUs and ones being bought.
Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused111 wrote:
Yes, some are betting it will be EQ. There are going to be a lot folks taking a hit.Smiley Sad I hoped FICO would differentiate between true AUs and ones being bought.

They won't be.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.