Regular Contributor
Bruiser

Anyone know which CRA will not be using AU?

"The next version is slated to roll out in September to one of the three main credit reporting agencies — Equifax Inc., Experian Information Solutions Inc. or TransUnion LLC — with the other two agencies receiving the new version some time in 2008."

The way I understand it is that only one of them will stop using AU in Sept and the other 2 sometime in 2008. Everyone has been making it sound like all 3 will stop this Sept. Which isn't true.

Anyone know which of the 3 will stop this Sept?
Established Contributor
Revike

Re: Anyone know which CRA will not be using AU?

This subject was discussed in another thread and nobody knows at this time. Most people would wager that Equifax will be the September guinea pig, tho ...
Regular Contributor
Bruiser

Thanks. I did a search for more info and found a few threads with a lot of posts but don't have much time to read every single post.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Established Contributor
Revike

I think the discussion I remember was in the middle of a thread that might have been about a different subject, so it would have been hard to find.

Fair Isaac and the CRAs probably want to wait until August to announce details, otherwise there might be more panic as consumers (and possibly the credit rental organizations) try to purposely shuffle AUs to the two CRAs that will not use the formula until 2008.

Or it could be that there are some negotiations still going on, and perhaps the September CRA hasn't been determined yet. :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Yes, some are betting it will be EQ.  There are going to be a lot folks taking a hit.:smileysad:  I hoped FICO would differentiate between true AUs and ones being bought.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Senior Contributor
smallfry

fused111 wrote:
Yes, some are betting it will be EQ. There are going to be a lot folks taking a hit.:smileysad: I hoped FICO would differentiate between true AUs and ones being bought.

They won't be.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}