cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with experiance using Capital One Auto or HSBC Auto Financing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone with experiance using Capital One Auto or HSBC Auto Financing?

i just re-fi with HSBC, after Cap 1 for about 11 months....Cap 1 was fine not as terrable as the CC.

Cap 1 was the only one to finance car last year FICO 535.  18.99%.....one year later FICO 610 HSBC 14.70%.

good luck
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a Cap one auto loan about 7 months out of my Ch 7. It was for about 25K. Interst was hight, 13.99%
Message 22 of 23
Baybreeze
Valued Member

I've gotten offers from Cap One and most recently HSBC to refinance my car loan (that I took out last August). They all said I "could" qualify for rates "as low as....." 7-8% if I had excellent credit, yada yada... However my original loan thru Honda Finance is only at 8% (and this was gotten 3 yrs after bankruptcy). So I will never refinance because I know I would end up getting a higher rate than I currently have and will have wasted inquiries on my credit report(s). Besides I have been paying over my due amounts each month (usually $50 more) and now just over a yr of payments, my amount due each month has almost been reduced by 50%!. So now I am sending in double payments each month, plus another $10 extra.

But if you have excellent credit with no public records, baddies, lates, etc...then definitely shop around for a better lender. I also keep reading that credit unions seem the best way to go.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.