cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apologies for a likely common question.. 30 point difference between bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for a likely common question.. 30 point difference between bureaus?

Not sure where to ask this question and not clutter the board with more threads, so apologies if this is the wrong place..

But should I be worried about a 30 point difference in the different bureaus' mortgage lending score? This happened recently with another monitoring service I was using before this - my Equifax score just tanked compared to my TU and Experian scores (not sure which scores Identity Guard reports). On the flip side, my Fico8 scores according to this site are nearly identical.

I've combed through the reports and see absolutely zero differences, so this one is stumping me. 

My mortgage scores according to this site are:

721 Equifax

756 TU

756 Experian

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Apologies for a likely common question.. 30 point difference between bureaus?

Identity Guard does not provide Fico scores. Disregard those numbers, they are meaningless.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apologies for a likely common question.. 30 point difference between bureaus?

OP, while it isn't "common" to have a 30 point variance between your top and bottom FICO scores (from the same model at the same time) if your reports contain the same data, it isn't unheard of.  I would just verify that your report data on your lowest score bureau is indeed accurate.  It could be something as minor as the date an account was opened for example.  If everything matches up, it's just a natural variance that others have referenced as well and not something to sweat.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to both replies. I'll comb back through Equifax to make sure.

Getting ready for a new mortgage so it made me a little jumpy. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.